We have all been sick this week. The good thing about being sick with homeschool is that the work can still get done, I guess thats also the bad thing. The bad thing is, if the teacher is sick there is no substitute, which Sarah and Rachel will tell you is a good thing.
Sarah has state standardized tests Monday and Tuesday to take at a testing center. We've been trying to do some reviewing this week to prepare. I've also had her writing stories which is something she loves to do, but is very time consuming. It was perfect for this week because she had the time and didn't require my help. She and Rachel watched so much TV this week, getting reaquainted with PBS was nice for them. They miss Martha Speaks, Word World, Arthur and Word Girl because we are so busy with school and chore schedules. I know they had a great week, though I feel a little "bleck" about it.
There was a lot of snuggling going on. The girls love getting this giraffe chair out and having the rare treat of apple juice, because Mom was pushing liquids.
I'm sad that there are only two spots, for now we have a third and he was quick to take someone's spot if they had to get up for a minute, but the girls love him so much they didn't really mind. He loved crawling all over that thing.
By the evenings the kids were feeling a little house trapped and enjoyed practicing their swing with Dad.
They were also very helpful doing extra work to let Mom rest. They love doing the handwash dishes.
We got a very thoughtful Easter package from Aunt Luise that really helped cheer us up.
For family movie night last night I chose the Family Ties episode where Alex meets Ellen. Sarah is finally old enough that she really enjoyed it, but Rachel is still too young to like it. Today, Saturday, everyone else is feeling better, but I still haven't pulled out of it. Tyler was so great to help the kids get their chores done, go grocery shopping, take them to the park, and make us all dinner. He is the greatest. He let me sleep for 5 hours today. Ahhh, what a man!
2 comments:
No fun at all being sick:( That is so sad that you all weren't feeling so great. Sometimes, though, like you say, a week of snuggling and tv is welcomed to break up "routine". Hope you are starting to feel a little better...let me know if you need anything!
I hope you are feeling better! Sick kids are tough, but a sick mommy with sick kids is really tough! You got some really cute pictures though! I can't believe your baby is one! What a cutie! And I loved your little clip on the news! You go girl!
Post a Comment