Wednesday, April 1, 2009


This may be a boring post, to you, but not to me. I love this kind of stuff. Back to painting... Yes I finally did choose a color, but only after painting many other colors first.




First I tried the bottom color shown here. It was too dark so I tried another, can't remember which, but finally decided on the fourth from the bottom.

Before



After



Before


After


Before


After


I found curtains that really help make the transition from green to tan. I have been searching for these curtains for 2 years. I first saw them in an Ethan Allen catalogue, for $150 each panel! I have searched for the fabric so I could imitate them, but hurray finally I found them ready made for $20! The waiting paid off. I first tried the tan and green, but then the blue and green gave a little more life and color to the room, so we went with those.



I still have to finish the last wall.



And because today is such a beautiful day and I'm enjoying my little back yard so much, I'm posting it's before and after too. Small but well used.


Before


After

3 comments:

Brett and Meredith said...

You guys sure have a darling house. Your waiting paid off with those curtains...love them!! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Esther said...

Wow, your painting looks great! I like the colors you chose, they are very cozy. Cute house!

I hope you are feeling better by now!

Lorene Elder said...

Debi,
The painting makes such a difference. Your home looks so nice. I'm glad you were able to get a project in. It feels satisfying, huh? The kids are just as cute as ever. We were sick for conference too. Kinda nice time to rest though.