Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Surprise

We woke up to the doorbell this morning at 6:30. Are you kidding me, go away! They were very persistant. It turned out to be our neighbor informing us that our car had been tagged and hit. Ironically we just got the car back from the repair shop Thursday. Its all lubed, some new hoses and spark plugs, they even washed it for us. I imagined much worse when they told us "hit" but there was a gang sign painted on the window and huge scrape down the side of the car. Lovely. Really, I can't believe we have lived here unscathed for 4 years, its about time some crime happened to us, it was inevitable. The good news is after a little elbow grease, the trusty Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a razor blade, the car looked just like new. Ha! Take that graffitti mongers! Not even a dent.


The girls loved the drama of being in the road in their jammies at dawn with the police and other neighbors surveying all the damaged cars, ours was only one of many lucky targets.

Adam has continued to grace us every 2 hours with unbelievable amounts of yellow diarrhea explosion, for 4 days now. Today he also threw up on lucky Sarah, in her dry clean only church dress which somehow managed to miss every drop. We are keeping a close eye on him, so far he is still well hydrated, thank goodness he is still nursing.


These two are such good buddies. Adam is in the stage of pointing to everything, look there's Mom with the camera.


Yesterday Tyler watched the kids so I could go to the temple and get my hair cut. It was very sweet of him, especially considering the state Adam is in and how many baths and laundry loads that meant. I notice I feel much more charity and peace about life when I'm able to go to the temple, as well as physically stronger as always needed. I'm glad this calamity happened the day after my "re-charge" or I may not be feeling so much peace in the midst of storm.



(For my sisters, who will ask for pictures.)

Tonight we are happily all having family game night as usual. I love that in these uncertain last days, everything inside my sacred home need not be bothered. Bliss can continue as usual.

4 comments:

Brett and Meredith said...

Wow! I can't believe your car incident! That is really devastating, sorry to hear about that! And, very sorry to hear that Adam is so unwell. Is is a flu bug or something else? Poor little guy. Love the haircut. You look gorgeous, as always!

Diane said...

Cute hair!

Meghan and Randy said...

Love your hair! I can't wait to see it in 25 days. :)

That's so good that you guys were able to polish out the scratch! I pray it won't happen again. Kids are still looking great and Tyler looks as happy as ever!

Rebecca said...

Your hair is fabulous! You look so chic! And I am so glad you were able to fix your car. That is awful.