Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day


I have loved our weekend mornings. I am especially happy about how the girls chores are working out, if I can get Ty to go golfing Saturday morning its the perfect amount of time for me to help them complete their chores and get Adam's morning nap in before a family activity. It is working out really well. Sunday I get up and make a big breakfast with hashbrowns, OJ, eggs, bacon, whole wheat waffles, or french toast, or pancakes. The kids finally decided to like breakfast foods! I have so much fun cooking because they will actually eat it! Now if I could just figure out what dinners they would eat! Man cannot live on breakfast alone. Adam likes to throw food overboard then come back for it later.


You can see from Ty's shirt and my pancakes that we've had Mickey on the brain. We are ready to go back to Disneyland.


This Saturday we attended Ty's work party at Encanto Park. We used to go there often and ride the rides to prepare the kids for their first Disneyland trip. It was very fun reminiscing and riding the little carnival type rides.



Rachel didn't even like this tiny roller coaster, but she tried it. She is a little timid of the jerky or faster rides, she doesn't like feeling out of control. This picture was taken before it started, see happy faces.


This picture was taken during the ride, note Sarah with one hand in the air the other consoling her sister and Rachel's worried face.




After our barbeque and rides we raced home to a baptism, then had an extra family movie night watching Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses while the girls got hair cuts from mom. Tyler quietly disappeared and reappeared with a book, thats how we know he doesn't like the movie, but the rest of us liked it. Friday night we watched Snow White and had Oreo Ice Cream Sundaes. Weekends are great!

No comments: