We unwrapped our "new" propane camping stove from two years ago and put it to use for the first time making delicious grilled cheese sandwiches, of which Rachel who vows she doesn't like them, ate three.
We figured out how to work the pump for our water barrels and discovered that recycled or rather previously used for Dr. Pepper syrup don't make for good water, no matter how cheap they were. It was only to be used for washing and we all hated smelling like Dr. Pepper! I ended up using our drinking water for wiping down tables and at least washing Adam's hands, there is a limit to how much Dr. Pepperizing I was willing to do. It may be worth the "investment," ha ha now I'm a democrat, to purchase brand new water barrels.
Adam had his own way of roughing it. He got very hungry and found this banana in my purse from our previous day's shopping trip. He ate right through the peel! I don't know what it is with this kid and banana peels! Yesterday I was trying to feed him a banana and he was throwing a fit. Finally we figured out he didn't want the banana, he just wanted the peel. Typical. Does anyone know what nutritional value banana peels contain? Let me know, cause he's full of it! I'm just lucky I caught him in time so he didn't eat the sticker.
Roughing it makes you tired, so we all had naps. Ahhh, back to a simpler way of life. The girls were thrilled to get to use their canopies as "tents" for the special weekend.
After naps we had a great time at the park. I caught Tyler doing cartwheels with Sarah!
After the park we had a "romantic" dinner in the candle light. Then off to an early bedtime in the dark. Ahh. The girls were kind of stinkers. They kept having "emergencies" that required the use of flashlights helping them find their way to the bathroom. MMM. I guess they knew how to take advantage of the situation, after all if they waited till morning they wouldn't get to use the flashlight.
Church was interesting to get ready for, I sported pig tails. Do they make a battery powered hair dryer? All in all we survived! It was a great test run to see if we are ready and check over our food storage inventory. We are prepared, and we shall not fear!
No comments:
Post a Comment