Tyler is working very hard on his applications for law school. We have been working on his personal statement a few hours every night, even on date night. I am very impressed with his writing ability and diligence. I know a lot is hanging in the balance right now regarding our future, but I have complete confidence that Tyler will provide for us all we need. He has always taken very good care of me. I know things will be tight, but looking back to college days, it was really quite fun being poor and I dare say we're good at it.
Sarah is trying to get excited about school, but it isn't easy for her to have a great attitude all the time. The only part she really loves at present is practicing her cursive and reading the Book of Mormon. I think she really has a chance at finishing in time for her baptism. I will be so impressed if she really does. I remember starting with the intent to read all of the Book of Mormon the first year after I was baptized, but I could never make it past 2nd Nephi's Isaiah section until I was older.
Rachel enjoys doing her school work, but it mostly consists of coloring and watching Super Why. We are so happy to have her bright little smile around. This middle child will never be overlooked. She calls herself "early riser" now. She earned the name when Tyler's early morning golfing buddy saw that she was the only one awake to bid farewell to Tyler a few Saturdays ago. She was very proud of the comment apparently, because now she is an "early riser." She is up every morning consistantly before the rest of us. She comes into our room to ask, "Can I wake up now?" Then she slides into Tyler's side of the bed and snuggles in. It reminds me a lot of myself in my early years. My mom says she never knew how I could squeeze in for snuggle time on just an inch or two at the edge of her bed. I've always been the "Snugster." Little Rachel is ours, except she "nuggles." She used to have a very difficult time saying words that start with S.
Adam has been an angel. Last Thursday I was lifting him in the air and tickling his tummy when I spotted a little white tooth on the top of his mouth. Within a day or two the second top tooth came through. He is now teething through the two on each side. What a sweet little trooper to teeth those chompers through without making any fuss. I am so glad to have such easy children. He makes my life so fun and keeps all of us laughing. You can see he has also learned to sit, for a while.
I am so excited for December 4th. We are headed back to Disneyland. We aren't able to go to Utah for Thanksgiving, but that left a bit of extra money in our travel budget so we are heading out for a bit of weekend fun to see Disneyland at Christmas. The two greatest things in life come together! I wish Utah was closer, then we could take short trips up there, but Disneyland will have to suffice. I was surprised that when plans were final and I could tell the girls, Sarah said, "Oh, we're going to Disneyland, great!" She thought for just a second or two and her eyes lit up as she screamed, "Does that mean we get to go to Aunt Luise's!?" They sure love Aunt Luise and Uncle Van. They are sad that we probably won't visit Max and Babe, their horses, because it will be such a quick trip. Its funny that they refer to Aunt Luise's Bonus room as "our room." I love how they assume it belongs to them, as if no other person in the world has ever visited and stayed exactly where they have. No, its special just for them.
I never have felt more important as a mother than I do now. With the world the way it is I am realizing the only constant in life is home. I am so thankful and humbled by the role I have, that I am trusted with three precious spirits to guide. Since our Stake Conference Broadcast 2 weeks ago I feel my heart swelling with love for my family. I love them so much. I have always had so much fun being a mom, how could I not with such a sweet family.
1 comment:
Look at your fancy blog! Very cute. Sounds like you guys are keeping busy with all your pink and red Christmas tree wanting, as well:) What a great little Adam to be happy through the teeth. Kate has yet to grow one at all...so only time can tell how she will handle it:) Good luck to Tyler will all of his applications...sounds like a grueling process, but you guys will definitely do well whatever the outcome.
Post a Comment