Friday, November 7, 2008

Mean Old Carrot

At dinner time we push all the food onto one half of our small table, to keep it safe from Adam's reach. As soon as I put down his little plate of foods which were the equivilence of our stew, he of course reached out for it. I guess I didn't leave quite enough room between Adam and his food last night, because this time he grabbed a hot carrot right off the plate tight in his fist and instantly began screaming! I had no clue why he was screaming, he looked just fine and he never screams. Tyler had been watching and knew it was the hot carrot. We had a tough time taking the carrot away from his tightly clenched fist. Adam's face looked betrayed. In his scream I could hear, "My beloved food, how could you do this to me?" He was so mad that it burned him, so mad that we took it away, and so mad that he was still hungry. Tyler kept cracking up, I of course acted as the worried Mother, sure that he had third degree burns. His sad little face was priceless.

These are some pictures of the event:
Hurt feelings from that mean old carrot


Mom to the rescue, Dad laughing hysterically



The girls laughing


And because all Adam wants to do is eat, all my pictures of him are in his booster.
Patiently waiting


Happily Full


Happy mom figured out how to let me eat my own banana without it being so slippery. I cut off the peel a little at a time so he can get a good grip.


This sideways pose we have learned means, I'm poopy.



For Grandma Cole who calls Sarah and Rachel Thing 1 and Thing 2, here is Thing 3.
This morning as I dressed Adam for church I realized its finally cool enough for him to need a onsie under his outfit. This is also for Rebecca. He finally get to wear the little onsie she sent. He says, "Don't forget about me I'm number 3!" Thanks, its very cute.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yay! He looks so cute!! I never made our little E a "4" onesie, but now I am reminded how much he needs one!