

We tried it in the mornings at first, but it was too chilly for my liking. Look how cute Adam was all bundled up, I never get a chance to put him in his cute wintery clothes. Look closely to see Rachel isn't wearing ordinary winter gloves. Those are Easter Sunday gloves. They also double as doctor gloves when performing surgeries and Cinderella gloves when its time to dip her hand in the water, thats for you Ross. Of course you can tell it really wasn't that cold, she is still wearing shorts.

Sarah is looking so grown up to me. Every now and then I look at her and see her mini preemie self in my minds eye and feel so amazed how she's grown into such a lovely girl. I can't believe I get to go next month to her first fireside with her, 'Its Great to be Eight.' She is so excited to be baptized.

Adam continues to bring me so much boy, I mean joy. Ha ha. I keep being warned, "Beware the Boy!" So far I can't see what the fuss is all about. He is so sweet and mild. He loves to snuggle and laugh and play by himself or with others, whatever. He is such an agreeable and cooperative baby. I love getting to spend my days with him, better yet I love having little mini-me helpers spending the day enjoying how cute he is with me. No wonder I was so sad, upset, depressed, you name it when I thought I wouldn't be able to have any more children. I can't imagine him not having come to our family. I am so thankful every day that the Lord has blessed us with this special gift, Adam.

Tyler had father's interviews with Sarah and Rachel. Sarah is working on having a better, more indepedant attitude for her schoolwork. The change this week has been remarkable. I love the days when she is easy and has a good attitude, because we get her work done in just a few hours and have plenty of day left to do fun things, like our daily walk/ride, feed the ducks and go to the library, or the girls new favorite...shopping, after all they are girls. Except yesterday during lunch when they were nuns. "How do you solve a problem like Maria?"

Rachel is continuing to show what a helpful responsible 5 year old she can be. She has become very interested in organizing and reorganizing, especially in my bathroom drawer. It is helpful, who doesn't need a little organizer straightening up your bathroom after you get ready for the day?

We have also started up violin and piano lessons again. So far so good. The girls love to practice their short piano songs but need more encouragement to get out the violin and practice independantly. The last time we did this they were considerably younger and needed more help, but now I trust they can do it. I am by no means a violinist, I can only play a few little tunes, but its plenty of knowledge to begin teaching them with. I toy with the idea of taking it up myself, although I would need a much bigger violin, which means spend money, which isn't me, therefore its not likely to happen. I have picked up a new "hobby" of sorts. I have recaulked our kitchen and master bathroom. They have been needing it for a while, I've just been too scared to try. It turned out pretty well. I keep seeing that trend, when I'm afraid to try it stops me from trying, when I face it and just try, it turns out great. Hopefully someday I'll stop being afraid first and just get to work.

FOOD! I am happy to see Adam so full of love for food. For the past few months Rachel has steadfastly prayed for Adam to like new foods. Almost immediately after she began praying for this blessing he began accepting any texture and taste we offered. He is so willing now to eat just about anything we give him, stewed prunes being no exception. For the picky little boy who would eat nothing, he sure has come a long way and I owe it all to the faith of my precious 5 year old. My only concern now is, though he will eat the food, should he? I'm hesitant to give him many things because we do have a tendancy to have allergies around here and the younger you are exposed the worse the allergy will be later. However, as of yet he only has had reactions to wheat bread. This is a very sad thing for Adam because it was his favorite. He lunges when any of us have toast and begs for a taste, if he's within reach he doesn't even bother begging, he just rips it out of your hand.
This is one of the places Rachel likes to pray, in my closet between the laundry baskets.

Home schooling is great, but I've been very concerned about missing the social aspect of traditional public school. So much so that I have invited over family after family to give her opportunities to interact with kids her age and greatly stressing and weakening myself in the process. I am thrilled with a promise I received in a blessing this week that I should not worry about any of my children's social well being. I was promised my children will always have an easy time making friends and being good friends to others. I felt such a burden and so much worry lifted. I love that through the Priesthood we can have these imperitive messages and instruction given to us from our Father to help us.
Cute things they say:
The night before stake conference Sarah said, "I wish they had Sacrament at Stake Conference. Its especially sad for all the people who are baptized. They can't refresh from their sins." Profound that she even thought to be concerned about that, and she's absolutely right, I always miss that chance to refresh from my sins.

Worrying if her bike would really get stolen outside if she didn't go put it in the garage. "Mom, are bad guys even real?" I'm glad she didn't ask if Santa is real, I want to keep playing that game a little longer, but yes I assured her that bad guys are real and could steal her bike, though it was not likely to happen. I also mentioned it could get run over when Dad comes in the driveway. She decided she didn't want to take any chances and went to put the bike away. But really, I wish bad guys weren't real, that would make so many things a lot easier.

Adam, though not speaking yet, has his own way of being cute. He has spent many happy days at his tiny piano. He plays up a storm. Funny boy, he even squeals delightful baby lyrics.

I'm sure if Adam could talk that a lot of times he'd be saying, "Hey, Wait For Me!"

Well, the weekend starts off again tonight with family movie night, I'm going to try to convince everyone to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It always make me think of Fran being the big doll. No one seems interested in it, but I really think the kids would like it.
Other things on our agends, nothing! Don't you love those blank slate weekends when you can fill them up with the things you actually want to do!
PS-Even if it is blurry, I finally got a shot of those top teeth! He moves so fast!
2 comments:
I think Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is a good choice. We tried Bed Knobs and Broom Sticks recently, the kids were a little bored through most of it. Let me know how they like the movie.
Talk about a great update! I'm completely with you on the trying new things!
Post a Comment