Thursday, September 25, 2008

Play


This picture is so cute and very showing of the tender way these two play together.
Today the girls still have fevers just under 100. They both are running around the house playing their imaginary games and having a great time. Curiously when I say its time to do a little school Sarah becomes very ill for just a few minutes then is right back to bounding off with unicorns and fairy dust. I love overhearing their games.
Today I heard, "Pretend we came to this restraunt and it was really dirty," they were referring to my kitchen floor, "and we had to clean it and," they each had a broom and were sweeping, "and the mean lady was saying we're her servants," I can only assume that was me, "and we each had our twenty children," whoa they are ambitious, "and then it was time to mop," I got there just in time to see they were going to need a bucket of hot soapy water and two sponges to appear and when they did Rachel shivered with excitement, "Oh, thank you Mom! I love this game!" I thought- me too! As if Sarah could read my mind thinking "if she can do this she can do some school," she said "Hey Mom this can be PE!" I like the way she thinks.
Call it what you may, but tonight I have a beautiful, clean kitchen floor.

4 comments:

Katie said...

It was fun reading over these last posts, you're an inspiration to me. I wish I could see your momminess in action. How far apart do we live?

Debi said...

Are you in Las Vegas? Not too far, I hear of people going there all the time for a "quick trip." We should try to get together. The only problem is, I'm a little scared of "sin city," are you interested in coming to Phoenix? Maybe we could meet somewhere.

Katie said...

I actually live in Henderson. If you're coming north from Arizona, through Boulder City, you don't even have to pass through Vegas. Which way do you drive when you go home to Utah?

Esther said...

Ha ha! What a cute story! I so love how your girls are great friends!