Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mr. Donut Boy


Last week the state agency Tyler works for was preparing for a new director as his old boss decided he is going to go back to work in a private practice law firm. The new director asked Tyler for a bio of himself last week and mentioned he'd be asking him to do something special and making big changes the following Tuesday, today, as that would be his first day in charge. Tyler knows this new boss well, he was the deputy director before, and we got a bit excited at what this all would mean. I teased him that, to not get our hopes up, it was probably to ask him to be the official Donut Boy every Friday. Ha ha. He told me it would be Mr. Donut Boy to me.
Tyler worried if he did get an official position if he looks old enough. He worries he looks like a little boy in a "big boy suit."

Well Tuesday came and Tyler was asked to be the Chief Legislative Liaison for the agency, as well as continue his duties as Budget Manager. He is already a registered lobbyist for the agency, but this is exciting because Tyler will now get to put to use more of his skills and enjoy more "chiefly" duties. Hopefully he will have enough to do now to keep him happy and not get bored so easily.

Tonight the girls are playing sidewalk chalk with our neighbor friend Lauren and Tyler is using the chalk graphs to explain Efficiency Frontier Curves while discussing the economy with Lauren's dad Mike. What a genius, an adorable genius! It was too funny not to capture.
Congratulations Chief! (or Mr. Chief to me)

This is an efficiency frontier curve for those of you, like me, who aren't proficient in this area. Also may be referred to as a Production-possibility frontier curve. Oh now you know exactly what I mean don't you!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay Tyler!! What a cute post. And if Mr Donut Boy ever makes it out east, I do expect some donuts! :)

Jill said...

Debi! I didn't know you were now a blogger! I'm so excited. It's great to catch up and see your beautiful kids. Congrats to your hubbie and I'll be keeping in touch!