During our Disneyland trip with Grandma and Grandpa Cole 2 years ago, Grandpa had a rattling in his pocket. During the boring lines he took opportune moments to ask the girls if they needed to "freshen up" and give them each a Tic Tac. He made such an impression on them throughout the week with these little freshen up sessions then topped it off by giving them each their own box to go home with on the last day. Oh, they were in heaven!

Since then when Grandpa Cole comes to visit he has never failed to be well stocked with Tic Tacs. At our last visit during Adam's blessing Dad went out and bought every kind of Tic Tac flavor he could find, and brought home a grocery bag full. He presented them to the girls, after kindly asking my permission. Since they were leaving on their mission he got them a two year supply so that whenever they missed Grandma and Grandpa Cole they could have a Tic Tac and feel his love for them.
I am often greeted by gloomy faces with pouty lips that say, "I miss Grandpa Cole," only to be followed half a second later by the very cheerful question, "Can I have a Tic Tac!?" Oh, do they know how to work the system! In memory of Dad as we pulled out onto the road to begin our trip this year I handed each of the girls their very own box of Tic Tacs. Are you curious how long they lasted? Sarah had eaten only 2 by the end of the first day and Rachel had eaten all but two in the first five minutes. She saved those two for Aunt Luise and Uncle Van and gave them their special treat as soon as we drove up.
I am so proud of you Mom and Dad for serving in hot, humid, but gorgeous Hawaii. I so glad you are being able to share your wisdom and love of the gospel with people from all over the world. We love you so much and we miss you incredibly, but thanks for the Tic Tacs, it helps a bit.
Love Love, Debi
No comments:
Post a Comment