Friday, September 19, 2008

For all to whom Disneyland is a magical place...

There is a magic that fills you with excitement as you lay in bed trying to sleep the night before, when you first see the peak of Space Mountain, and take that first breath of Disneyland air thick with churros, popcorn, and fresh waffle cones baking on Main Street. Last year we saved up and counted down the months from October to October until our Disneyland trip. Though we were thrilled to find out in August that Adam would be joining our family, we were all very disappointed that we had to cancel our fabulous trip so I could do bedrest.

As we entered to gates of Disneyland a year later than expected, I found myself flooded with thoughts, memories, and emotions. I felt so happy as I remembered all the wonderful times I'd had there mostly with my sister Fran (Goofy, Bogus, Cowabunga, Whoopdidoo Pantiwho, Cody did it!), and how much fun it was to first go there with Tyler and my girls 2 years ago and share it with my own little family. I suddenly remembered the last time I'd been through those gates I was pushed through in a wheel chair. I thought of how much strength and healing the Lord has blessed me with. I thought about the long year of bedrest we'd waited through. Now we entered with a healthy baby boy, me walking on my own two feet, and the wait was really over!


I thought I could contain myself in all these happy feelings and I was doing just fine until in came the Main Street Marching band playing M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E with Alice (Fran's dream job) greeting me happily behind the band. I suddenly didn't have room for all my happiness inside and I wept at the reality of it all. I tried to hide it, but Tyler saw. He cracked up, but I really, truly wept. For all to whom Disneyland is a magical place, you understand.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great post. You have had so many blessings in the past few years. I'm so happy for you guys!

We are going to Disney World next week and I have a question for you...can you get those car seat strollers there, like the one Adam is in?

Jimmy Z said...

I am so happy for you guys! That's so sweet you were so happy you cried! Disneyland is a magical place for us too, we would go every few months if we could.
I am SO excited you have a blog!! I checked on Heidi's blog list a few months ago, hoping to find you on there. You guys are the cutest family! Congratulations with your three beautiful children!

Esther said...

Sorry, the last comment was me, I was logged in as Jimmy.

Breanne said...

I totally understand those feelings. I love Disneyland and wish that I lived closer and could go more often. It's so great to finally go after a long time of planning :)