Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Disneyland

To all who come to this happy place, Welcome!

What a great Vacation...


Our Disneyland trip was great! Sarah was fearless and rode everything, Rachel was surprisingly timid and didn't like any ride with a scary part. Adam has been spoiled getting to be held for his naps and refuses to sleep now, but he was great on the trip. Tyler and I had so much fun getting to be with each other on some rides thanks to Aunt Luise. Tyler loves Tower of Terror, California Screamin, and what he calls Barfin'...I thinks its the Maliboomer. Because it is right next to the hotel, it has a scream shield over your face that he thinks looks like its for barfing into.

Note Sarah's face vs. Rachel's. Who is having fun and who is scared to death?

We tried to convince Rachel to go on a few bigger rides that we thought she may like. For instance, Splash Mtn. She says its her favorite ride, but I'm not sure she isn't saying this to please Sarah. Standing in line she kept hitting her chest with her little fists saying quietly with a determined face, "toughen up, toughen up." She rode it 5-6 times and each time her face was cracking us up. From the moment she got in the boat she squeezed her eyes shut and puffed out her cheeks holding her breath. Every now and then she would sneak a peek at the cute singing animals. Rachel says she likes them best and she likes the music. She tried to be brave and come on Indiana Jones, but a lady in line said she didn't meet the height requirement. She went skipping back to Aunt Luise with a huge smile, "I'm not tall enough!" She could not have been happier and Aunt Luise says she's never seen a kid be so happy NOT to go on a ride.

It put Rachel in a "Grumpy" mood to go on big rides she didn't like. Our failsafe rides to cheer her up and get a Disneyland smile back on her face were the Carousel or Dumbo!

Nobody cares what ride I want to go on! Tiki Room! Tiki Room!

Adam loved the Tiki Room. He could have cared less about it until the white birds came down from the ceiling and he was enamored. I was surprised see him so delighted. He does like Disneyland!

We loved California Adventure's Bug's Life area. The girls could stay there all day, except the 3-D Movie. Its really not for kids. They love the bumper cars, snack box hot airballoons, and Heimleck who eats through the juicy watermelon and squirts juice on your head.



Now this is how to eat a Churro!

We haven't forgotten about you Adam.

We can't wait for the Pixar renovation inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be complete. I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Its not official until...Teacups!

I'm Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA! Yes, I did the dance. How could I not?!


We all decided we aren't big Pirates fans anymore. We did it once and probably won't again...too dark and scary. Sadly, Small World was closed, but its renovation should be completed by Christmas. The only other things we missed were Tom Sawyer's Island and the Princess Fantasy Faire. Luckily we have plenty of time to go back and enjoy everything again with our annual passes.

We Love You Mickey! Classic!

1 comment:

Lorene Elder said...

We don't like the Bugs Life 3D movie either, but we like the land. I can smell the train ride, taste the churro and feel my tired feet. Looks fun! Lo