I feel like the days are racing past me. We are so busy finishing up school and I'm working hard to get this house in order, clean, organized, and beautiful...is that possible? It takes so much time and stress to feed Adam, Mr. Picky, who I am teaching to eat more and more quickly, I hope. His skin also requires extra special care, which is very painful to him if I don't keep him very clean with his special cleanser and well lotioned. This is one reason I'm so happy to announce he is now walking steadily! He has big sores all down his legs from the crawling, the rubbing was bad. I got a new calling as a VT District Leader, but I get to keep playing for Primary and I am starting a complimentary summer dance class for the girls and their little friends. Anyone interested? In school we have been doing a lot of science and art, which are the messy, time consuming, project oriented subjects. Can you guess who is loving that?
Speaking of racing, Ty raced his car at the Elder's Quorum No-Rules Pine Wood Derby. The girls and I drew up all sorts of designs and he chose The Banana Splitter. He flattened out a hanger and screwed it to the front calling it "The Socialist." He figured if he couldn't beat the other cars, he could make them join him. He won an award for the Most Edible car and the Best Wipeout, because the food game ice creams were only velcroed on to the "whip cream" batting and would fly everywhere at the end of the track. Yum!
Adam is trying to get those molars in.
We visited furniture Disneyland, a.k.a IKEA. What an event. Adam was a little squirrely, the girls kept wandering off looking at all the decorations and cool things, we were all starving, but he had a great time and came home with the shelving we needed for the girls' room...and it even fit in the car! Now we just have to put it together. Hopefully they can have fun "decorating" their shelves instead of every other surface in the house.
The next evening we made Horse Cake with one of our neat Ikea finds. There was a horse shaped cake pan with a foal-sized pan included. How could I pass that up? The girls were so happy to get complete control of the decorating. I just gave them all the frosting and sprinkles we had and they went to town. Of course, Rachel made a little Max and Sarah made a Babe, then we ate them. Sadly we heard news this week that Max has a foot injury. Both girls are very concerned, Rachel especially, as Max is "hers." They are praying for his recovery so that he will be able to go on the camping trip with Uncle Van. Rachel made sure Max got extra sprinkles.
It may actually be a donkey, for Cinco de Mayo. I told Ty if we can just find an elephant pan to go with it we could have an awesome party at the next elections, ha ha. But to the girls it will always and only ever be a horse.
A few glitches of my brake pedal called for a check-up at the dealership. We have repairs of $1000 coming for a new brake cylinder. Other than that the car is in phenominal shape and they can't believe what a steal I got it for. At times like these I'm very glad to have my own professional budget manager in charge of our finances who has reserves ready for just such an occasion, way to go Ty.
Life's good.
3 comments:
Does your complimentary dance class travel? If so, sign us up!
Kaylee would just LOVE Sarah and Rachel!
And crazy enough, I too am having brake trouble. It's a scary thing!
Yay Tyler and the Banana Split! How creative.
It's always so refreshing reading your blog. Any updated plans for the house and school?
Did you say complimentary dance clas?! We're definitely interested!! :-) Let me know the details.
Post a Comment