Cracker Boy
I don't want to post this with fond vacation memories, yet I don't want to forget it. Adam cried and cried this trip, even the DVD player couldn't calm him down. I guess that is what we get from doing such a long vacation with so much driving, 11 hours Phoenix to Utah and another 11 from Utah to California and then 6 more to get back home. Anyways, he wanted crackers. If I would hand him a Ritz, after trying everything I could think of, minus letting him crawl around, he would stop crying, giggle and start chomping. We went through a lot of Ritz, only to find out upon arrival at Aunt Luise's house that he had barely eaten any of them, he was sitting on all of them. We should have known he would be crumbling them to bits, just like he does at home. What a crumbly mess he was! He had crumbs in his ears, neck, diaper, toes...I don't even know how he got them inbetween his toes while wearing a sleeper outfit with snaps all the way down, but he did! And he seemed so proud of it!
The big news of the day....
Adam standing! He started screaming during his nap, a hurt scream. I ran in to see what was the matter and was shocked to see him standing there. I couldn't at first figure out why he was screaming as he was, I thought maybe he was scared or maybe stuck standing there?
He was constipated, but once he got that overwith he was very happy to see me.
In other news, Adam loves scavenging under the table for yummy leftovers.
But he hasn't forgotten about his favorite corner.
Adam found a new toy. He loves watching the dryer.
Adam discovered the back window and all the beauty that can be seen from it.
Tyler got me a trellis for my jasmine vine. I think Adam is enjoying it as much as I am.
He likes to spend time behind that curtain with one of those little round pegs from his hammer bench he got for Christmas. He likes to drop it down into the groove that the sliding door sits in, then fish it out again. Yesterday he had 3 of them down there in a row. (Sarah sneaking into a photo shoot of another child is nothing new, she has to make sure she gets in the spotlight as much as possible. It reminds me that she used to do this in the video shots I would take of Rachel as a baby learning to crawl or walk or whatever she was doing. Suddenly whoa, Sarah's left eye folks!)
This little guy is so lucky to have loving sisters. They beg to get him out of his crib when he wakes up. If I get him out without them and they hear him make a little noise, they cry, "Adam's awake!" and come running. He is the honored guest in any game with the stage name "Giant Baby." Giant Baby, also sometimes referred to as Destructo Baby is allowed to attack, slobber on, sit on or otherwise ruin any game. Their concern when he does isn't that he is destroying their game, but rather a worry that there may be "chokables" that we have neglected to put away with the collection of tiny toys that are waiting in my closet to come back out when he stops putting everything in his mouth. They lovingly help feed him tearing his bread into what they call "sacrament sized" pieces and give him snacks and toys in the car to keep him happy. He is the fun in our day, the center of attention, the constant comic relief, every breath he takes is adored. What can we say little dude, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment