Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pre-Christmas Fun


Adam cracks me up. We were sorting the laundry while he was playing by this basket and all of a sudden....I'm not sure how he got in it like this, but he sure seemed happy about it. Funny guy. He brings so much laughter into our home.


Adam is very exciting to watch during bathtime. We think he likes to see how wet he can get us.


Rachel found the "lav of luxury." Remember when I was in the "lav of luxury" on Aunt Luise's steps during Brian and Brook's wedding reception. I was 4 and her home was always seemed like a beautiful palace to me, so I laid on the steps just like this and said in a dreamy voice, "I'm in the lav of luxury." Then I moved down one step and repeated myself, down one more step and one more... I just had to take this picture, because I know exactly what she is thinking!


We have had fun learning how to sew in school. Thanks to Jill Jolley I had the bright idea of making little stockings to hang on our tree. I still have the little green one she gave me senior year hanging on the tree with a sweet little note from her inside of it. I also still have an angel from Katie. Thanks you two! Its fun to have memories from you on my tree.



Rachel was in charge of all the ironing, she even ironed Adam's blanket.


Adam has a new favorite corner. He found where we keep the food. He even discovered that sometimes there are food remnants in the sweeper. Yuck! The other luring attraction in that corner is the doorstop behind the pantry door which makes a satisfying BOING when he hits it. What a fun corner!


Sarah has become a very good little tutor. She enjoys helping Rachel read the instructions for her schoolwork and help her get started.


Later that day Rachel returned the favor by taking care of Sarah and grooming her. Here she has tied her to the saucer toy and is saddling her for a nice ride. For some reason Sarah was a horse all that afternoon. Sound familiar Fran?...woof! Oh, those Korea days when I got very inventive with all that free time. Being a dog for a weekend sounded like a good idea, better than doing nothing, but now very embarrassing.


We went to Tyler's office and took a tour of their office's cool decorating competition. His department made this fireplace with all their stockings from home. We also brought all his friends goodie plates with homemade gingerbread cookies and rice crispy treats.


Rachel and Adam snuggling. (and Curious George)


We kept these four big gingerbear people for us to decorate. Tyler's looks like its wearing a diaper, but he insists its a belt. Mine has a Minnie Mouse dress and a purse, Sarah's is in a green dress with a starlight mint handbag, and Rachel's is wearing a red dress with pink high heels and Smartie earrings. So Fashionable! Or as Rachel said when she was 3, "A Fashable Gown!"



That was a very fun Christmasy activity to get us in the mood of the season. We went to get a few last things at Walmart and I found these Christmas jammies on sale, just in time for Christmas Eve tomorrow! Now we are all ready. The presents we are usually most excited about are the ones the girls buy with their own money at the dollar store for each other, and this year for Adam. I love watching them sweetly consider everything their sister would love and narrowing down to the best pick. Then they tenderly wrap it all by themselves and choose the best spot for it under the Christmas tree with care. Isn't that what its all about...learning to love to give.

No comments: