Now that we are back in town life is feeling actually good to get back to. That's when you know you've had a great vacation.
Now that I have experienced the "after vacation mode" a few times this year I know what to expect from the kids after I get home. Even though I want to rest and relax and skip a bit of school, I can't or kids go out of control. They really need consistency. I have been very good for three solid weeks now with a strict, yet incredibly fun, schedule. So far this is what is working:
Monday: hit the core subjects hard English with new spelling words, Math then History and Art last
Tuesday: Science day with extra math
Wednesday: English, Math, Music lessons: Sarah is learning Fur Elise and Rachel is learning I Am a Child of God
Thursday: Ballet, followed by English, History
Friday: Light day of English including spelling test, maybe History if we need to, then Art
Tues, Thurs or Fri are good errand days, visiting teaching or doctor appt days. Boy I have this down! I have felt so on the ball. I've even figured out how to add their personal scripture reading time into English. Then I started getting sick, so far I'm just battling a little cold and a low nightly fever. I have to walk a fine line of feeling awesome and doing all the things I want to do, and not doing so much I get sick. I wish my body could just keep up with me! I do love feeling great about how I'm doing in fulfilling all my responsibilities. It feels so much better and different than depression! I even told Ty last week, "I don't think you realize how awesome I am!" Now that may sound cocky, but I note that as great progress!
We also have our evenings planned out, because I've learned I need something to look forward to, so I may as well plan something fun to look forward to everyday.
Monday: Family Night
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Girls Night (Ty has church meetings)
Thursday: Date Night
Friday: Family Movie Night -tonight I chose...Nacho Libre, the girls loved it
Saturday:
Sunday: Family Game Night
Though Thursdays still are my favorite, Ballet class and Date night--there's no competition! We leave Tuesday and Saturday open, you need a little wiggle room!
Ty's Uncle Rico impression.
Sarah enjoying Adam as usual, she gets such a kick out of him! We all do.
My cute Rachel Fairy talking to Grandma Cole telling her how much she misses her and wants to go to her house. Rest assured Mom, though a long way from us, you are not long forgotten!
My happy girls flying their cupcake dolls singing, "You're so beautiful on the inside!" Notice Adam tending to Cloud.
My sweet Adam endlessly eating. He is in that booster seat for a large portion of the day.
Last Saturday morning we used the silly string Santa left in our stockings to have a silly string fight.
Rachel was not happy about getting it in her hair. She did her best to hide in the corner, it wasn't very fair because she wasn't strong enough to get her can to spray. We helped her get back at the people she wanted to get back at.
Sarah took advantage of the opportunity to get Mom!
What a mess!
I've been diligently making whole wheat bread and waffles. We had a great morning with the waffles, hashbrowns, and eggs. Look at that wifey go!
Adam liked his waffle.
We enjoyed a fun celebration for our neighbor Lauren's birthday. Its so fun to have a friend for the girls to play with. Sarah and Rachel were the only children at Lauren's party so they each came home with a grocery sack full of candy from the pinata. Wow, it's like Halloween all over!
Dad and Adam having bonding time reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment