The girls wanted curlers in their hair last week. When our neighbor Lauren came to see if they wanted to ride bikes she looked horrified and asked, "What happened to your hair?" The girls told her excitedly that they were going to have curly hair the next day. She looked at them like they were crazy. But the next day it was beautiful and she liked it.
Rachel brought me toast for breakfast, Nacho Libre style. The girls really enjoyed that movie! She thought it would be funny to shove her food game toast under my door while I was showering just like Nacho give to Incarnacion. Any Nacho fan will realize the genius and hilarity of the gesture. Sarah keeps quoting, "I only believe in Science." Rachel tried quoting it then said, "Actually I believe in Heavenly Father and Science."
Adam decided that he'd rather eat the peel of the banana than the actual banana. This wasn't just a one time thing, this is starting to be the norm. I guess it can't hurt him.
Saturday Tyler took the girls golfing, Rachel attended a birthday party, and we made a Costco trip for more food storage.
This Sunday we had some incredibly fun friends come over for dessert and games, and both our kids were incredibly wild, which is why they think its so incredibly fun. We were embarrassed that our house smelled funny due to a crock pot meal gone awry. Tyler made a roast with carrots, potatoes, celery, and herbs...but we found out there was one extra ingredient he hadn't planned on! (Its the blood soaker upper!) It made everything taste and smell terrible. Tyler is usually a very good cook, so his good intentions are appreciated.
Monday the kids were playing a funny stroller chasing game, Adam included. He crawled after them as fast as he could. I love watching them enjoy playing together.
Then they made Cushiony World! Do you remember doing that Fran?! They gather pillows and blankets for a fun mosh pit.
I'm just glad nobody got hurt...not even Adam. When he took his afternoon nap, we the girls and I snuggled up in Cushiony World for a little nap of our own.
Family night was about our crowning glory. We've been having a little problem with sneakiness and lying. I have had to punish so much lately and I could tell my children needed some buoying up, not another lecture. I decided for family night to accentuate the positive qualities my girls have. I took their two favorite Cabbage Patch Kids and presented them as spirit children in heaven (a Sarah and a Rachel). Then I told what beautiful qualities and characteristics the Spirit Sarah and the Spirit Rachel had acquired, naming things they actually have like charity, love, faith, and for each quality placed a beautiful necklace around the doll's neck. Then the dolls came to Earth, (I put little dresses on covering the necklaces). We discussed how they retained those attributes they had before and will keep adding to them during their Earth life. They peeked at the necklaces underneath to see they were still there. We also discussed how good virtuous characteristics make us beautiful. Eventually by striving to become their best selves the dolls achieved their crowning glory (a bracelet on their head), and receive the glory God has in store for them.
It really made an impact on the girls. The next morning I found them draped in necklaces, and Adam too. They were teaching him the lesson, telling him qualities he posesses and urging him to try to be the best that he can be so that he can recieve all that God has in store for him.
Tuesday we had our semi-annual dental check-ups. We really look forward to our special day to meet Dad in the office and have our teeth checked. Dr. Davis is always on schedule, so nice, so gentle, and extremely fast. The girls take great pride in how they care for their teeth. Look at Rachel so grown up on her way back to the room with her little purse.
Tyler always wants as much time with Adam as possible. He was drafting an email for work, but still wanted his "little buddy."
The bad news: Sarah and Tyler have a cavity. The good news: The dentist got Sarah's tooth out! Now she is putting that new hole to good use. The Tooth Fairy visited leaving behind money and a message in fairy language. Sarah is sure she saw the tip of the Tooth Fairy's wand says the fairy is using the tooth to build furniture for her tooth castle.
That night I volunteered to teach dance for the activity day girls. What a blast! We had a great turnout with about 20 girls, we even got the leaders dancing.




Sarah got to come too, just this once. She isn't officially allowed to go until July. Now she really can't wait! I had so much fun bonding with Sarah. We came home close to 9 exhausted and starving. We had a little late night snack together and talked about everything, dance, nutrition, the tooth fairy, crushes. I am enjoying her new phases of life. I hope we'll always be close through the years and I can be a part of everything.

This morning I admit I was tired from all the recent activities, but I couldn't resist having over these little friends. I love a house full of kids. I enjoyed reading to them, playing babies, feeding them, entertaining them during lunch, and watching them do Bella Dancerella.
After we finished school tonight we had to go look for jeans at Old Navy, Sarah has outgrown everything again. She was kneeling on the foot rest of the little stroller Adam was riding in and arched her back letting all her long hair hang down getting much of it instantly yanked out by the rolling wheel. Her hair is so thing to begin with and now she is missing about a tenth of it. She was so shocked and it happened so quickly she didn't cry. I felt very bad for her, on the other hand, I didn't want her sitting there in the first place! At least we found some good pants.
This is random, but there is a gently curving freeway connection where we drive along the top layer of many intertwined highways that we pass to go to most of our doctor visits. The girls have named it Dumbo because they feel like they are flying. The girls also like to drive over hills in the car. They saw a big hill coming up yesterday and Rachel shouted, "It's Splash Mountain for cars!" It tickled me funny. I was already laughing, thinking she is hilarious when we reached the bottom of the hill and she called out, "I got soaked!" She is so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment