Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are you okay?

I am never alone. Its very hard to find a time alone to pray, so very often my prayers are quick or forgotten altogether. This week I've given up on the "perfect prayer situation." In a closet alone and quiet seems best, but when I've actually tried, it attracts a lot of rowdy attention. "Hey, what is this great game, mom in the closet!?" I decided to try to spend more time in prayer and be more consistant regardless of my little, and big, companions. Also, I have better success doing a task if I attach it to another task that I already do, so I decided to attach my morning prayer to making my bed and likewise evening to pulling back the covers before I get in.

So yesterday after I made my bed I knelt down and began my morning prayer. Within seconds Sarah and Rachel were at my side patting me and whispering, "Are you okay?" I whispered back that I was praying. They stayed right by me, just in case I supppose, until I finished. I guess with my history of sometimes suddenly going limp for hours at a time they should have cause to be alarmed when they find mom in a semi-recumbant position. On the other hand, do I pray that infrequently that they think there is something wrong? I hope to attribute their concern to the first. Curiously enough that evening when I turned back the covers and knelt to pray Tyler entered the room shortly thereafter and asked worriedly, "Are you okay?" Ha, I really ought to pray more often so that it doesn't scare my family so much!!!

1 comment:

Esther said...

That's funny :) So sweet too. It can be tricky for me to find the right moments for morning prayer and I only have 1 child, it must be a lot trickier with 3!