This Monday since Tyler didn't have to work, we decided to paint. Well, I guess that is work, but you know what I mean. I had no clue the olive color I had chosen for the entire house would be so lime green. I'm glad we started in the kitchen, because I think it looks rather good as a kitchen color, very vibrant and fresh. I used to have the whole family room and kitchen decorated in an old world Americana type theme. Now because of the new color Americana won't work in the kitchen, but I think I can keep it in the family room if I can just find the right color for the family room to tie it all together. This is the crazy wall of paint options yet to be. Tyler's parents are flying in tonight for a visit. I'm glad they come to see us, not the house.
Here are the before pictures of the kitchen.
The during pictures...
We let the kids paint one wall, not Adam, and then watch Jungle Book. We built a blockade of chairs to keep Adam out. He did not like that.
The after pictures....
Now I realize from this perspective I really ought to do something about all the clutter on that fridge!
3 comments:
Oooooo....I like it! I agree that it makes a really great kitchen color. Very nice choice!
Looks good! Painting always makes you feel like you've left your mark on the place. I hear you about the bread recipes.. My ward actually just gave out one and it's so easy and tastes SOOOO good! I'll have to post it sometime on my blog. Glad to hear all is well.
As I was scrolling down through the pictures, my first thought when I saw the green was "Oh NO!" It looked so bright. But it looked so good when you were done. I love it.
Post a Comment