Sunday, October 31, 2010

Disneyland October Edition

Time to pack up. What did we pack?


The essentials. Where are we going?


Where else? Disneyland!


This has been our first time to see the Halloween decorations.




We visited Pixie Hollow and met Silvermist, Vidia, and Tinkerbell


We all cruised Jungle Cruise then we girls went on Indiana Jones.


Pirates of the Carribean all together.


Those girls are ready for Splash Mountain!



Pooh looks so happy, that's how I feel when I welcome Ty home at night.


We ate lunch in Toon Town then Adam spent a long time going up and down Chip n' Dale's treehouse.


We realized he was tall enough to ride the Go Coaster, so we tried him out on his first roller coaster.


He loved it! You can see his hands up in the air just like Sarah's.


Proof that Rachel actually kept her eyes open for once!


Small World


Dad catching some ZZZ's during the ride.


Teacups. Ah there is nothing like the anticipation as you listen to the peppy music and see the colorful cups spin past...


except maybe the ride itself.


Alice They squished all of us grown-ups plus Adam into the back seat of one caterpillar! Cozy, but I don't recommend it.


Sarah and Rachel in the front with room to spare. I don't like these new guard rails they built around the leaves when you come outside. Safer they say. Lame I say. It ruins the best part of the ride!


These guys are never home!


Deep in conversation on Dumbo.


Snuggling McQueen on Dumbo while Rachel flies it. Aunt Luise lovingly bought him this special toy while they were waiting for us to go on Splash Mountain. It made him very happy.


Riding the Carousel.


Need some help with that Dimples?


We rode Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinnochio, Casey Jr.



We saw Rapunzel trying to escape


Walked through Sleeping Beauty's castle

Just in time for a twilight picture of the whole family,


and the silly gals.


On our way out of the park Rachel and I got separated from everyone else. That parade crowd on Main Street is hard to get through, so we split up and went through the stores. Rachel and I sneaked a picture at her favorite window, Cinderella's.


The Jack-o-Lanterns all lit up on our way out.


We started out the next day with Space Mountain. I will never again ride Space Mtn at Halloween. They project this flaming monster all around who gave me nightmares. It ruined the fun dark effect of not being able to tell which way you'll go next and felt slower. Never again.


Time for Autopia Cars, which had no line so we did it at least twice.


Adam was happy to get to ride in Chick


and McQueen.


I love the looks of concentration and extreme effort when my girls drive.



Cell phone! During Autopia! I just couldn't believe it.


Captain EO, we are here to change the world.


"Dory!" He doesn't know who Nemo is, but he sure knows Dory! Some poor man on this voyage chickened out right away and started in a panic for the door and it took just a few seconds to release it and get him out, but he freaked out like it was forever, poor guy.


Tiki Room.


Suddenly we saw someone that had Rachel saying, "I'm unbuttoning!"


Tada. Now she is ready.


Next time I think we'll bring Jasmine a princess shirt too.


Walking down mainstreet...I see my dream job. My dream is to first actually get that good. I wonder if playing in primary looks as glamorous. Mmmm, no. Callings aren't meant to be glamorous, but I can really rock Sunbeam and Popcorn like I never thought possible. Ya Baby.


Last shot of Day 2, the Mickey Pumpkin.


Day 3 started at California Adventure. Adam was heartbroken that I said "No," we couldn't go right in and had to wait our turn.


Happy boy chumming with his good friends McQueen and Mater.


I think he half expected we were supposed to get in like at Autopia cars, he seemed to feel standing next to them was anticlimactic. How is he to know which cars we pose by and which ones we ride?


Now it is fun to take this kid around in this park. He knows just what to do. Look at that confidence.



Meeting Kenai and Koda from Brother Bear


Flick's Flyer's


Adam gets cuddley on rides.


The girls go crazy.


Sarah getting a chance to enjoy the snuggles from Adam on the Ladybugs.


Bumper Cars



Heimlech's Chew Chew Train, Adam is eating a Candy Corn as we pass the Giant Candy Corn


Cogsworth again.


We saw Cinderella and I convinced Rachel to run over and give her a hug. She was a little shy, but so happy she went for it.


Wouldn't you know they'd find a rock to fall in love with.


My pretties


Waiting for the carousel as the sun sets. Ty and Sarah were riding Screamin'




Now that Adam is into Toy Story he knows who this guy is and loved him.


A fun choice for last ride of the trip.


It was fun to be there at the same time as Uncle Tom and Aunt Patty. It was fun for my kids to get to meet them.


Aunt Patty, Danny and Mikey were all tuckered out.


The next morning the kids played in Aunt Luise's backyard wonderland while we packed up. It has it's own kind of magic.



Nice uncles playing acorn hunting after helping pack the car.



Well deserved rest after well deserved fun. Adam is there, he is just hiding under the blanket, I think he was having a time out.


No comments: