Monday, October 4, 2010

Home Life

When we arrived home from Utah Sarah's birthday presents we ordered had come.


Happy 9 Sweet Sarah! She wanted a blue razor scooter from the Cole's and books from the Palmer's because she shares Grandma Shirley's passion for books, and the Sweet Streets Stable from Mom and Dad, Rachel gave her a pin picture toy, and Adam gave her new coloring books.


I'm glad she wanted the stable. She is very soon going to outgrow such things and this is the time to enjoy them, it is something her and Rachel really enjoy playing with together.


Swimming while the weather is still good.




It's so exciting when Mom strips the beds to wash sheets. They play "Be Jumpy Froggie," that is Adam's name for getting to jump on Mom's bed.


I didn't plan enough time to get our sheets dry before bedtime, so I had to improvise.
Tyler says, "I'm scared."
"Why are you scared?"
"I'm sleeping on Cabbage Patch Kid sheets, what isn't scary about that? See look you're taking pictures you know it's bizarre! How many grown men do you know who sleep on Cabbage Patch sheets?" He points to the pillowcase, "and I'm really afraid of that."
"Why?"
"I'll have nightmares!"
The compromise was a normal pillowcase and CPK bedsheets, and there were no nightmares, big baby. See that smirk, he was just razzing me. He does have a point though, I don't know any grown men who sleep on CPK sheets, but if they did I'm sure they wouldn't tell. Who still has their childhood sheet sets anyways, and in brand new condition like these?


Saturday morning snuggles.



Little buddies


Big buddies playing duets, it makes me happy to see that they enjoy playing enough to do it on their own for fun.


Sundays can get a little wild, you can only be reverent for so long and then the rough housing begins.





The girls asked on September 1st, "Mom, can we start school today?" Um. Okay, why not? You can see not every day they are so exstatic about learning, so I take advantage of when they are in the mood.


Adam got some new "school books" of his own, and he loves them. There is a homeschool used bookstore I visit now and then and he found this case of 4 Cars books for $2, one of Sally, Mater, Doc, and of course McQueen. I'm glad he enjoys reading like the rest of us, and like Tyler always tells me, the trick is finding books you like. Hmmm. What a studious face.

No comments: