Still great weather for walk and rides or scooters. We spent a fun day with our friends Nixon and Susan at the Botanical Gardens.
First we went to the butterfly pavillion where we learned about Monarch Butterflies.
Then we boarded the hayride to the pumpkin patch where we chose and decorated pumpkins to live music and saw the animals in the petting zoo.
They loved the full grown miniature horse.
After decorating pumpkins we went back to the butterflies for the releasing of new butterflies. Adam about to release a butterfly.
One in my hand. They were refrigerated to force hibernation state and then the warmth of your hand would waken them as you put their tracking sticker on the wing. Then they flew away. It was magical.
We have called Adam "Boojie" (also Boojie-Pie, Little Boojer, Boojaroo, Booj, and such) since he was a baby, who knew there was a Boojum tree? Too funny.
When I asked Adam what he thought about there being a Boojum tree, this is the reaction I got.
That Friday night we hosted a pajama party to celebrate Rachel turning 7!
Sweet Sister Cheatam made her birthday cake
and I sewed these little beauty masks for a game and hand out.
The girls made the decorations.
First we played a pillow jumping relay game where you had to put on Rachel's Dad's "huge" Jammie Pants
Then we matched up which girl brought which snuggle-buddy
then masked them all and made them hunt for theirs.
Success
The next game was a similar to musical chairs, but with the snuggle-buddies.
We danced until the music stopped and had to grab one of the snuggle-buddies and "go to sleep."
As the girls got "out" they were treated to a makeover by me, then nails with Mandy. Everyone wanted to get "out."
They loved that one on one looking into the mirror at the makeshift vanity. Priceless.
Time for presents.
Time for Cake. Best, least stressful party ever.
Doug and Mandy stayed afterwards to celebrate their birthdays, which are on the same day, and eat the cake Sister Cheatam surprised her with.
Sunday, on Rachel's real birthday, she opened her gifts from the family. Icabod from Sarah, Razor Scooter from Mom and Dad, Pillowpet from Gma & Gpa Cole, and Jasmine/Aladdin Barbies from Gma & Gpa Palmer. Notice Adam loves the Jasmine, though I wish it were Aladdin. He even carried her around in the store.
Sarah finished up soccer season. I think it was too much for me, but I'm glad she enjoyed it while it lasted. Here she is by her coach and friends waiting on the sidelines.
Look at Sarah run after that ball.
The whole team
Adam happily peppering his toast. He loves the salt as expected, but pepper?! Whatever.
He loves the cute little glass and metal container they go in and out of. I had this in mind and looked for this for years, finally I found one at the dollar store! The girls get a kick out of him liking pepper. He actually ate that toast too.
Halloween is not one of our favorite holidays, but we participate for the kids. On Saturday the 30th we trunk-or-treated at the church parking lot. Sarah was a witch, Adam was Mike Wyzowski from Monsters Inc, and Rachel was a pirate.
All the kids sat down with their treats and Tyler with his law book. I know which one I'd rather be.
Sunday the 31st we went to dinner at the Abegg's where they planned a few festivities for the kids. So fun.
Jamming out after the movie on Friday Family Movie Night. Sometimes the music during the credits just gets us going.
Magically we get sick after Halloween, hmmm. It must be all that nutritious candy.
The kids like to make "Pumba beds" out of pillows and laying blankets over the top. You know those days where you just can't find any position to get comfortable because your so sick and achy. Next time try a Pumba bed. (They call it that because of the little beds Pumba makes in Lion King 1 1/2.)
When my kids are sick and I'm not it's fun to dote on them, but it's a different story when everyone is sick including you. Ug.
Good home teachers came to give us blessings. Adam has always been terrible for blessings and squirmed and screamed through them. That Sunday after he watched me and the girls get blessings he hopped off the couch saying "my turn!" He was so reverent and I was so happy to hear he "will continue to grow, and grow to handle the foods you're allergic to." Yay!
My blessing said "you will feel energy flow into you" and within a few hours I did. It really felt like a surge of power and I was able to get up and start preparing the things I needed to for the baby shower I was hosting in a few days and picking up all the slack that had accumulated while I hadn't been tip top. It was a very neat feeling and so special to know the Lord sent me the strength I needed when I needed it so I could accomplish the things I needed and wanted to for my family and friends. We were all well within two days!
Here Adam is thinking he can use this tiny chair for dinner. A sucker isn't usually part of dinner, it's his treat for letting me cut his hair.
Working on the patio in nice weather.
We're so glad when Daddy comes home!
We are glad he is strong enough to handle all the love.
What is going on here? Complete and utter chaos. It's a paper airplane war of course!
The neighbors want to get in on the fun. What kid wouldn't want to be in our family?! Yes, we let her in.
Family Home Morning, Drawing the Plan of Salvation
Buddies
I took the kids to the Phoenix Art Museum, I wasn't prepared for so much nudity, so we won't be going again. We did have fun and learn some things, and Sarah walked smack into the walls in the Firefly room, so funny. I is a dark 12x12 mirrored room with fading multi-colored led lights hanging from the ceiling at all lengths. It was awesome. It felt like we were floating in outer space. At first Adam was really scared and clung to me like he felt he really was going to float away, it was so neat.
Afterwards we stopped by Dad's office and watched the sunset together while he ate his dinner before running over to school.
Then of course posed in front of his office on the way out.
I don't know who snapped these, but I like them. I suspect one of the girls.
Here the kids are marathon shopping with me trying to get Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. What troopers.
No comments:
Post a Comment