We spent Thanksgiving weekend in Sedona with Grandma and Grandpa Cole. Here the kids are presenting Grandma Cole with pictures and stories made just for her.
Ty studying for finals every chance he got.
Out exploring the premises with Grandma.
Our Thanksgiving Feast
Watching Toy Story 3 for the first time courtesy of the Wilson's letting us borrow it. The next morning we went to see Tangled at the theatre together. Great Movie!
During our whole Thanksgiving weekend with Mom and Dad in Sedona, a morning walk with Dad was my favorite part. Sarah came along and I couldn't help but be reminded of myself at age 9 taking walks with my Dad through little known Korean streets early summer mornings and almost running to keep pace with him, but never letting it show. She kept up nicely.
When we got home we played in the park after unpacking.
I heard O Come All Ye Faithful playing from the ice cream truck. It took me a minute to figure out why that was wierd. Only in Phoenix would there we an ice cream truck patroling during this season. Still it was an invitation to come to Him. It helped me decide I'm going to redouble my efforts to read and pray and study and really come close to Him this season, and bring my kids with me.
Grandma and Grandpa Cole came home with us after celebrating Thanksgiving at the condo. We trimmed the tree together.
Then we had our traditional singing around the tree
and read scriptures by tree light.
For the next few days we had fun math help. Grandpa drilled Sarah on mulitplication
while Grandma drilled Rachel on addition. You can see Adam is getting a head start on his subtraction, haha.
We went to the biggest See's store I have ever seen. It's a free standing store in my old neighborhood, just a few blocks from our old condo, that I never got to go to.
Every year Gma and Gpa sent us a gift certificate for a pound of chocolates and I've always been "saving" them. This year I got brave and we cashed them all in. Yep, we picked out 4 pounds of chocolates! Mmmm.
Adam caught on quickly to chocolate time each night. I was very impressed how much self control this little two year has to just sit with 4 pounds of chocolate and wait.
Someone loves Grandpa.
Lots of someones love Grandpa.
I guess all that love wears him out.
Time to love Grandma then.
I gave Grandma a haircut. Brave.
Playing at the park together and having another brisk walk on our last day together.
We had so much fun and can't wait to see you again! Thanks for spending Thanksgiving with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment