Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me


(Note how Adam is pointing to his mouth: Insert Red Vines here.)

Saturday Tyler took me to the temple. It was nice to go alone, thanks to my wonderful friend Mandy, since we've been taking the kids and switching off for the past few months. Then I took a nap while Tyler grocery shopped and made me a cake! Saturday evening we opened presents and had our cake and ice cream, but to get it all started there was a song and dance number compliments of the Palmer Kids.


They got me a new blender and iron, the gift part of that being that I didn't have to choose them! "Decisions are the worst!" What movie is that from? Our wedding gifts are starting to break one by one, we are almost at 10 years now so they've had a good run. I got my favorite game Loaded Questions(which I snuck into last week to play with our friends Mandy and Doug), a classic movie- My Fair Lady, sweaters from the girls and some "choats" from Adam.


Ty told everyone to hug Mom, Adam you see is hugging the Red Vines!


Watching Napolean Dynamite, it always makes me laugh. Yessss, its incredible.


Sunday we did some visiting teaching while Dad had appointments and spent the evening together playing UNO, and gave Adam a bath.


And look who came back to wish me a Happy Birthday. They left me stinky presents that I did not appreciate.


So I hear everything goes South at 30. I figure I've got one year to try getting ahead of the game. We are going to exercise! We've been bike riding and swimming in the mornings at 6. Hopefully we'll get our hearts healthy and have more energy and less stress. Nobody is trying to fit into high school jeans around here, just be healthy.


Sarah acting tired after our bike ride.


This will be a great year spent with my favorite people.

2 comments:

The Bundy Family said...

Happy Birthday Debi! I hope you had a great day. You are a wonderful reason to celebrate. I love the comment about high school jeans. I am so with you on that one. Healthy always makes me feels better anyways. Happy Birthday!

Palmerfam said...

Glad you had a great birthday! As always...we love your posts! Miss you!