Friday, July 16, 2010

Three Little Kittens...and other events


Sarah's Journal Monday July 12, 2010

Dear Journal,

Our whole family is sick. Kittens were in our backyard and for 3 days now there is a dead bird body. We named the kittens Sparkle, Puss, and Amber Brown. I named Sparkle and Puss. Rachel named Amber Brown after a book she's reading, but this all doesn't seem to matter now because they left 2 minutes ago. I miss Sparkle very much. Sparkle had her nose and eye covered in white with 4 white stockings and the rest of her was coal black. She had 1 black ear and a pink ear, plus short whiskers. Last, but not least, her eyes were brown. Puss had light gray fur and dark gray stripes. His eyes were green and he had a white nose with long whiskers.



I love how emotional and descriptive her writing was. She really described those kitties well, maybe you can tell in the picture who is who. So as you may have gathered from her entry, a nearby cat from somewhere decided to have its kittens behind our shed. We have lovingly watched them and stayed out of their way, even waiting to mow the lawn so they wouldn't be frightened. We watched the mother nurse them and bring dead birds for them, and watched the kittens nap in the shade of our bushes and explore through the long grass and retreat back into the safety behind shed. Finally they climbed up the fence and slunk along the top of the fence back to where they came from. The next day they came back for a nap under one of their favorite napping bushes, but we haven't seen any since. Having a pet, kind of, has really impacted the children. They miss the kittens, but we still have Buggy the wolf spider.

Here we are at the Circus, this was back on June 24th. We met Dad there in the middle of the day. It becomes convenient sometimes to have Dad work right downtown next to everything so he can do things like enjoy the circus with us on his lunch break.


There are amazing things to see at the circus. This was all of our first times. I've always wondered about the circus, but now that I've been I can easliy say I'd forgoe all the noise and pomp and stinky elephant poop and prefer going to a dance concert.

No comments: