Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Joy of Adam


I am enjoying my children so much right now. I am longing for a baby, but am reveling in the enjoyment of my current little ones, especially Adam. Someday there may be another miracle...but for today


I played restraunt with Adam, Mickey and Moosie. The menu was Pizza with Juice or Chocolate Milk.


We played Hungry Hippos



Then he rode his horse while telling me all sorts of things.


And then we played cars. He calls it BONK, because we crash the cars into each other...bonk.


Adam is so easy to please. The girls made crowns and he wanted one, so I tried to masculinize it with Mickey and no jewels. I love this simply happy face. Can one cookie make anyone this content?


Adam's pet wolf spider named "Buggy." We fed him a cricket a week ago and yesterday a small grasshopper. We've watched it lay eggs and curl up when she's scared and suck the blood out of its prey. So interesting.


Uno is Adam's favorite game. This is him saying, "I win!" And he did, for his first time ever. He can play the right colored card on his turn and loves when he has to push the button to draw. What a great game this has been for us, thanks Aunt Cheryl!


I can't believe I was so worried about him speaking. It did take a while, but now he has a lot to say, though some words are a little off. For example Rachel, whom we often call Rachie, is Chi Chi. Sarah is Cha Cha. Adam called himself "Dum" at first, now it Aam. The girls get a kick out of all of this.


The especially love being Chi Chi and Cha Cha. Not only do they love the affectionate brother who bestowed the nicknames on them, but they like the nice ring to it. It reminds me of Grease, do you remember Cha Cha...the best dancer from St. Bernadette's- with the worse reputation. Haha. Of course Sarah has a great reputation regardless of nicknames.


The most important thing Adam feels he needs to communicate every day is "Red Choats." When he wears the red shorts he then thinks it imperitive to put on the "Boo Choats" until he decides the blue shorts are "dootie" or dirty and need to be put in the wash. At that point any red, blue, or otherwise colored shorts will do, but only if the favorite originals are absolutely proved to be dirty. In which case he escorts them to the laundry basket and it becomes imperitive that we start a load of laundry. I have never been so on top of laundry. With all of his help sorting and changing loads it's been really easy.


We rejoice together when "choats all keen." Yes, when the shorts are all clean it is immediately time to start over with the originals and wear them lovingly talking about them constantly.


I think these little moments caught by Sarah, besides being hilarious, are a good representation of my daily life. Adam is always at my side, my little helper.


My sweet husband... who I do everything and would do anything for, because I love him for giving me my three little joys.

No comments: