Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Day Off

We are soooooo ready for a break around here. Tyler asked me what I wanted to do today and said he only had 3 hours of homework to do! Only 3! I was so excited, I gave him a haircut and asked for help to give Adam a haircut, Ty held him and fed him Jelly Bellies, shameless I know. He helped keep Adam away from chemicals so I could scrub down the shower and vacuum the stairs (things Adam thinks should be his chores that I disagree with) and Ty changed the a/c filters for me and I got many loads of laundry done and he swept for me in the kitchen and entry, even picked a few weeds. Then he studied while Adam napped and the girls played and I got to go get a haircut. Then we ate lunch together and all went to the temple. Tyler did initiatories for and hour while I took the kids to Deseret Book, then I did a session and he took the kids to the Joseph Smith movie in the Visitor's Center. We got home in time for a quick dinner of leftovers and bedtime.

I wouldn't have thought those would be the things I asked for when offered a free day. We have really been under the gun the past few weeks. Tyler had a 50 page paper to write and we finally handed it in on Friday! So I've been desperate for just help with the normal things that need to get done and I've been falling behind. I haven't had help with the housework for so long, it was just really nice to have 2 of me--so to speak and be able to get so much done to catch up a little. I'm sure you've been there. As to vacation, I think poor Tyler is about to explode. That paper being over will help a lot. He's got finals coming now and then a couple weeks until Aunt Luise's.

Adam will be excited tomorrow after nursery to go get a Tac in Dad's office. Last week he went for the first time without crying. I was so proud of him!!! We'll hope for a repeat tomorrow!

No comments: