Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big Easter Week

It has been non-stop action over here. We had one very full week.

We played with friends. To include Adam in this dress up game we tie the purple sash around his waist. He is the pirate. He feels so cool to be included, and mom is so happy he's not in a princess costume or begging to be. I love this action shot.


Went to fix Dad's car, twice. This picture was from the first shop. They had such an awesome enclosed kid room! They have been there before and knew just what toys to bring to supplement the ones there so they had an awesome game and I read 4 conference talks! Ahh relaxing.


The second car place had no kid room for us, which is why it was cheaper and why we went there for a second opinion. To entertain ourselves we walked over to the nearby pet shop and goggled at the huge tortoises, sneeky snakes (no Abazaba's though Dad), and lizards. We made friends with the people who work there and they started unlocking the cages and getting all the animals out for us to meet. For a family with pet dander allergies, reptiles are cool.

We were so lucky to get a visit from Tiffany and Moroni's adorable family. So much cousin fun! Adam loved Uncle Moroni, and wanted to get in on tickle time between him and his son Liam.


Cute Lucas and the Pooh Bear train he loves. The kids were crazy about our toys because they had just been visiting with relatives who only have older kids and no toys. Yeah! It made our house seem extra fun.


Aunt Tiffy was crazy about the wifi. She had to work a little. It's amazing how our generation can't go just three days without internet! That's really roughing it.


The kids giggled and poked and tickled till 11:00!


I took the first picture without even noticing Tyler was in the room. Poor tired guy sneaking a quick moment of rest.


Sadly, Eli got a fever, but I'm sure she still had a great time. We sure did. Come back soon!

Special late night smoothie with Dad.


Conference, the girls coloring in their "tie charts." They were so concerned that I was just taking notes and forgetting to color in the ties! They even offered to help me. Tonight they were so excited that in church tomorrow they get to turn their papers in for a little treat, but were sad for me that I wouldn't earn one. Maybe I ought to go get coloring.


Adam zoomed back and forth and back and forth with this stroller ramming it into the back door and the front door for all of conference weekend. Every now and then he'd beg to take it outside, but sorry bub, conference was on, we were staying in. Okay, back and forth, back and forth. I'm so glad he doesn't know how to turn the knobs himself yet!

Sarah got that stroller when she was 3 from Grandma Cole. At the time I'd secretly wished it was pink and girly with butterflies or something, but lately I've been so glad its blue! Grandma knows best.


Easter Sunday watching the Prophets


As we listened to conference Adam wandered over to the basket of eggs and started shaking them one by one looking for the good stuff. No luck, he didn't know it was the basket I'd collected all the empty eggs in. Oh how cruel.


Sweet boys listening to conference. Its good to see these Sunday buddies together again. Adam is so content to sit with Dad, a special thing for us on Sundays now. They used to spend the entire block together, Tyler soaked up every minute he could with Adam as precious time. Adam has just recently started attending nursery. If Tyler's meetings allow he still prefers to take Adam with him instead of send him to nursery.


Adam got an Echo Phone, who knew it would turn these girls into the Sister Act. Adam, the groupie, is dancing to their music. They are so easily pleased.



A cute shot someone got of Adam. I love how little gems like this just appear on my camera.


With the girls hamming it up, Tyler brought up the source of ham...Me. He began teasing me about a fashion show we did for DI when we were dating. The girls were intrigued and then ecstatic when Dad went fishing through the family movies and pulled out the DVD of it. So the weekend ended with us watching us strut down the runway, and I mean strut! After watching it the girls acted it out and Tyler caught that on home video to laugh at for years to come. Oh how embarassing, yet sooo fun. Sarah said, "I can't wait to make fun of myself on video with my kids!" While my performance was a bit over the top, I think Tyler may have a future in modeling, isn't that what you get a law degree for?

No comments: