Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hey all you Bubs!


I just got away with this...hahaha. Mom caught me, but not until after I'd finished off the pack. Yum, I was fresh and minty!


School is going well. In math Sarah is becoming more fluent with her multiplication facts and Rachel with her addition facts. In science we have been studying rocks with the help of our friends the Jones'. In english we've been working on contractions, plurals, and irregular verb tenses. Now the children have started research on Japan and Australia to report on next week. Our first reports, I hated reports, so I've been hesitant to tackle them. Baby steps... I'm trying not to prejudice the girls by letting them know how they stress me. Why should research and reports be anything but fun and fascinating? We enjoyed a nice day at the library learning about and from Encyclopedias. Next they'll learn how to "google."


Cute Rachel loving math, her favorite subject. I save it as her treat after the other subjects.


She earned her second visit from the tooth fairy,


and learned to ride without training wheels. Hmm, I'm starting to see why Tyler never wants me to buy him "normal" clothes, he never gets to wear them.


Adam is taking an interest in practicing his music.



He even thinks he needs the sheet music.



Sarah has been showing an interest in cooking.


Friday she planned and prepared our entire dinner by herself. It was a gorgeous meal of garlic chicken, noodles, carrot slices, lettuce, and complete with brownies. Truly following in her mother's footsteps she burnt herself. It will be a while before she makes anything but microwave meals now.


Adam and Rachel showing an interest in the Brownies.



Adam loving his Daddy.


Of course he loves Mommy too.


He also loves sneaking away before Mom can get him dressed. I don't think he minds the getting dressed as much as he loves Mommy chasing after him, and he LOVES those flip flops.


We were surprised Saturday morning to find sweet notes from our Beehives all over Tyler's car. We felt so loved.




We had a fun time Saturday at our stake bbq.



I found these little sillies all smunched into the closet being...sillies.



Yikes, I made a huge ham, my first.


As we ate the massive ham Rachel asked, "Why is Little Dorrit eating dinner with us?" I've been so into this book that her name has been in the house like she is a member of the family. Of course she wasn't really invited to dinner, I just forgot to put it away, but it looked like she was going to eat Daddy's plate.



A nice family day at the temple.


Loved the pidgeons.


Cool dude on the way home from the temple.


Our new way of "eating out." Tyler had a small break in between meetings Sunday so we had dinner at the church so we could be with him, we were just going to bring him a plate and come home to eat ours, but decided to just bring it all and enjoy a few well spent minutes together. The girls thought it important to bring some decorations in the way of horses on the windowsill to complete the homey feel of the event.


The kids follow Ty around in the morning. Back


and Forth. They don't miss a second of opportunity.


This image just says it all. The kids yearning to be in Dad's world, Dad talking on the phone to important people, wishing he could be everything to everyone. This guy is earning his vacation...school will be out soon.


It's a rare and special night to have Dad home for dinner.


Adam wants to be just like Daddy with an apron.


Funny Breakfast


Swinging with friends at the park. During Sarah's Activity Days, Rachel and Adam had some special play dates.


Industriously spending a Saturday pulling weeds


Sunday scripture time


Picnic on the patio, ah the weather is so nice lately.

No comments: