Friday, November 27, 2009

Give thanks


During that long day before all the festivities begin we got a fun package of girly seasonal hair accessories from Christine. Thanks Christine it was really fun! Rachel adorned herself with as many accessories as she could and admired her beauty in the mirror while Adam is brushing his teeth, another new hobby of his.

The big Turkey Day finally arrives! Happy Thanksgiving!

The helpers in the kitchen.


The Snitcher.



The new tradition: we always get too stuffed for the pie and skip it, so this year we got smart and did it first. I'm glad we did, its the only part of Thanksgiving Sarah enjoyed, her two bites of pie before she sacked out for the rest of the day.


The Feast.


The infirm. Poor Sarah, so sick, so sick...all better?


No. So sick!


Then came the After Thanksgiving Day Parade of Boxes. Everyone helps decorate for Christmas!

Dad handing down the boxes,


Rachel carrying in boxes,


Adam carrying in boxes,


Sarah doing the all important job of holding the door open. This job is called being "the gaurd" at our house--not quite sure how it got that name.


We have had fevers in the house since October 24th. This means I have lost an entire month of Christmas preparation time and now I'm getting a bit worried. We still have fevers. Magically they seem to disappear on Sundays so we can all attend church together, but I can never get out to do any shopping! At least we have that one activity a week. Over a month in the house and we are still sane, its a miracle! Actually there were two days without fevers that luckily I used to get to the post office and get my visiting teaching done. Last Saturday night we all braved a quick trip to Walmart and did our extended family shopping and got right back to our beds. Now we just need to figure out what to get the girls. The day after Thanksgiving we made a quick run out to get a Christmas Tree, jammies and all. Hey, life goes on! Just because we're sick doesn't mean we don't get a tree! I've never gotten to choose before. Its just what I've always wanted and so beautiful it makes my heart so happy...and my arms. For once I'm not all scratched up from hours of winding on the lights. I love this new lights on already business!


The next morning we decorated it together.


Now its back to this....



Adam wants Daddy.


Daddy likes it, but he hears the seconds ticking away knowing he needs to be writing his paper, taking a test, and studying for other tests. Most of our time has been spent leaving Daddy alone to do his work this holiday, but at least he is here!

It was a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lorene Elder said...

I laughed outloud after reading your pre-lit christmas tree happiness. Today I have scratched arms because of stringing on my own lights. What a pain!! Every year I think, "this is the last time." But I'm too cheap. BUT...at least I have matching ornaments this year! I've always wanted that.

Brett and Meredith said...

A click here, a click there, and one of your biggest fans is here! That is, until the Chinese government blocks this random server and I am off to find another one. Or, the banner ads that pop up every two seconds either drive me crazy or implant a virus on our computer. Until any of these...I am happy to post a comment on your blog!! Love the pics! Love the new tree! It is very pretty and the pre-lit factor is awesome! I am impressed how much you still accomplish while sick. You guys are great. Tell the kids that I give them permission to keep digging that hole in the front yard until they actually reach China...we would love visitors!!

Miss you guys!