Every year we need to get the A/C in our car fixed. It is hot enough that I could wait no longer. We took it to Johnny Williams in our ward and were so pleased with his careful, speedy work.
I have been trying to record times each day when I've felt the spirit. Here is one of my favorites.
I felt the spirit today when Adam was pretending to be a missionary and I asked him where he went on his mission. He said Hawaii. I was instantly thankful to my parents who served there, for the wonderful example they have set for him, and the legacy they have begun. I'm sure he will be a great missionary, like the other grandchildren before him.
We made habitats in school for science. Adam chose to make one for bears. I told him he couldn't use real leaves in the house, so he substituted with his green blankie. He gathered fish and meat from the kitchen game, and used his fuzzy brown blanket to make a cozy cave, and Snickers of course is acting as the bear. Adam is pointing out the few real leaves he gathered, Arizona leaves aren't very good bedding though.
Rachel chose rabbits. Her little bunny Emma is hiding in her burrow under the foliage, made from silk plants and extra fabric.
Sarah constructed a deer thicket and meadow from Legos and Easter grass. They all thought carefully through what things each animal would need for survival in our "zoo" and rummaged through the house to find supplies accordingly. We discussed living styles such as if the animal lives alone or in groups and provided friends for them accordingly. National Geographic is great.
We had some issues focusing on our work during math, so during lunch we practiced focus by having to stand on a chair looking at a sprite bottle while for without looking away. It was very difficult to do. After many tries Rachel made it to 2 minutes, Adam and Sarah got to 30 seconds. They were
allowed to blink, just not look away.
Adam loves Puffy World. He loves everything soft and fluffy. While I was working with the girls he went upstairs in my room and made Pillow Mania with all the pillows of the house and had a wonderful time romping in them. I admit I'm no stranger to that game, but I called it Cushiony World.
Sundays it is so nice that the kids can play and I don't have to make them do school. They come up with some really fun games. General Conference was great, as always. I felt like I could feel my mind shift into healthier thinking and could clearly see the things that I needed to do to more fully do things in wisdom and in order.
The dust storm comes and everyone awaits the huboob. It is just such a funny word to say.
We enjoyed the little sprinkle that came before the dust.
Pretty Sarah reading Aurelia. She loves reading, but also writing. She has been begging me to edit some of her stories with her, so finally we scheduled a few hours and really made progress. She sure has talent.
Suiting up.
One of their favorite things to do outside is to pull weeds. They pulled all the weeds of the neighbor's house and she noticed and brought them each money. They were thrilled to have more they could add to their mission funds. It gave Adam enough to finally start his bank account of mission savings! He has been working hard for this, I'm glad he is learning the blessings of service. Even though he got paid, he did the work without expecting payment in the spirit of service, so I think that counts.
Darling Rachel! You don't want that dust in your eyes! She loves this new shirt, it has French fries and says Bonjour. She is trying to learn French to prepare herself for learning a language in the mission field. We got a French baby dvd from the library and she is liking it. We are all learning some words.
The wind is so refreshing. The kids love being outside during the storms.
The traditional throwing of the math workbook.
Congratulations Rachel, you finished another one!
Tickle Fight!
In the doctor's waiting room. We have been doing some check-ups and tests. Everything is fine. I didn't realize what these kids were doing until I recognized they were all mirroring me. Clever little sillies.
No comments:
Post a Comment