
Dad is back in school and we all are surprisingly used to this schedule now. The kids and I try to make fun evenings together so we have something to look forward to. It helps us not miss Dad so much. We love when he is home on the Saturdays even if he is studying all day. We got the treat of going to a baptism together during this first weekend of back to school homework. It was a nice study break.

We made cookies and it made us think of our cookie loving Grandpas. Adam wanted to call and talk to them while they baked.

Rachel really made the most, she is quite the little baker.

Sarah enjoyed making mood music for us, while Dad insisted he didn't need a nap.

Yeah Right!

We decorated the cookies with yummy frosting, and prepared a few to be shared with special people.

I can tell how good the frosting turns out by how clean he licks his plate, this was an excellent batch.

We started taking turns having pinkeye. Sometimes it is nice to slow down a bit, even if it is for sickness. Rachel helped Adam get dressed.

And made a pirate ship bridge with him from the stairs to the couch.

Rachel giving Adam a backscratch while he watches his movie. It looks like this all happens the same day, because he loves his Mickey shirt.

We felt great by Friday the 10th and were no longer contaigious with pink eye, so we could have Ethan over for another playdate. Saturday the 11th was our Valentine's tradition of Mary Coyle's. So Fun. So Tasty! We met up with our friend Justin who we love very much. He got cinnamon caramel vanilla swirl, Sarah got butter pecan fresh strawberry and rocky road, Rachel got cotton candy, Adam got mint chip, Tyler got a classic vanilla strawberry and chocolate banana split, I got a burgundy cherry waffle cone. Bliss!...all except that I forgot my camera, but here is a picture of the restauraunt.

The kids played with their new yo-yo's from Justin, while I took a nap. When I got home I didn't feel well and on came the sore throat coughing sickness that would plague me for weeks mingled with fibromialgia complications that presented themselves as well.

By Monday I realized I had to give in and acknowledge I was sick. So we didn't go to Ethan's Valentine Playdate or activity days and rested up that week, luckily the kids weren't sick and took good care of me. I did still teach the dance class Wednesday because there is no substitute. Sarah being exhausted and happy after dance.

I'm glad the girls work through their schooling on their own because again, there is no substitute.

Adam was sweet to watch movies and let me sleep.

You can tell from his eyes, he didn't feel quite normal either.

Being cooped up in the house makes for interesting activities, like the "make your ugliest face contest." Adam served as photographer and judge. Who do you think wins?

The week was a blur of waking up checking on the kids and going back to sleep. Adam played sweet games like this one where he was reading in his "bunk bed,"

while Mickey worked in his office below.

Sarah went through some of her junk and found a few dollars amongst old birthday cards. She was well rewarded for her cleaning.

I'm always intrigued when I run into a mess like this.

I was happy to find them playing together sweetly.

What more could a mother want?

Saturday Rachel went with Dad to a service project gleaning grapefruits from an orchard for St. Mary's Food Bank with the youth, Sunday night Sarah went to the missionary fireside with Dad. I didn't go to church, but Tyler picked the kids up and they sat on the bench alone. Brave move...I assume it went okay, I don't know I was sleeping away in my bed at home. Adam got to be with Dad during church Sunday, but he wasn't happy in the picture because being with Daddy meant he didn't earn his "Sunbeam class tic-tac." Yes, we bribe him.

Tyler got sick, he who is never sick! Luckily it was President's Day and Tyler had the day off work. We slept and rested and slept, had family night and then sent Ty off to school in the evening. As I got better by degrees he got worse, because his schedule doesn't allow for rest. In the mornings he tried to sleep in then study at home resting before going in to essential meetings and night classes.

I like how Adam never loses an opportunity to snuggle in when Daddy is home.

Wednesday the 22nd of February we had our last dance class for a little while and went for a little walk. It was so nice to get out and feel better. Friday we took a walk and had a picnic, and had Ethan over to play that afternoon.

We watched Toy Story 3 for movie night, which always gets us dancing around like "Spanish Buzz" during the credits.

Adam has now joined the child labor force that storms in Saturday mornings to keep my home spotless.

Sometimes during chores we get a little crazy.

Being together we make even the work fun, as we prepare for another week.

Adam likes doing chores so he can go shopping with his money.
Sunday we enjoyed our neighbor Lauren joining us at church.
We had a nice Sunday evening at the home of the oldest couple in our ward. Brother Williams is 96 and is a retired music teacher who likes to have mini concerts with visitors around his beautiful grand piano. The girls and I each played a song for Brother Williams, then he played a song for us. He really inspires us to practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment