Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Life

My Arizona Baby

We are outside as much as we can be. Adam is of course loving it. He has reached that stage where he recognizes a few precious words. His favorites shoes, outside, and sit down. He gets his shoes out and sits down looking around for us to come put them on. He just loves the freedom of being outside.


He loves this fire hydrant. It has a chain that he just can't resist tugging on before he passes by. I imagine its his little friend that he goes to "shake hands" with.




The girls have started a little business selling seeds from the mesquite tree. The signs read, "Get a Musket right here for Only 25 cents. Money Here (with arrow). For Real."



Yesterday business was a little slow, but just at closing time they did have one customer, yes it was me. Well, they had worked so hard together all day, I couldn't resist. The seed pods I bought looked very cute decorating our dinner table as we ate, and they were so proud. Today the price rose to a dollar, I'm glad I got mine while they were still cheap.


We play outside until Dad comes home and walk to get the mail together. I so look forward to that little stroll every evening.


The weather has been beautiful here between 90 and 100. Great bike riding weather, but we had a problem with the bikes getting too small. We finally found a good bike for Sarah last week so Rachel could move up into hers and pass along her old bike to a friend. No more knees hitting the handlebars!

Before

After

The guilty face of eating chalk.


Why will he eat chalk and not dinner? Sometimes I think he'd rather be dinner. Yum, Adam Stew.


Getting Adam to eat is a huge struggle in my life. He can't eat a lot of things because they have milk and/or soy, but what he can eat, he won't. Most of the food gets thrown on the floor, and I'm tired of mopping! At 15 months I've decided Adam is old enough to understand me when I say no! The big clue was when he would throw the food then look at me and shake his head no, the little punk. Now he gets a time out strapped in his booster in the bathroom in the dark for 1 minute. He doesn't like that, but it is helping.

I have learned that he loves frozen peas, still frozen. He likes to eat out of cute little containers.


I thought including Adam in more baking projects and encouraging tasting would help him appreciate and enjoy food more.


Also a big boy chair can sometimes entice him to eat. I love the "angry, hungry lion" face he makes when he shoves food into his mouth. The food is in. Success!


After eating some kicks at the table Adam got up to play with a little bunny tail attached. Me and Sarah were cracking up, can you see it?


Rachel and I were practicing reading scriptures with Adam on our bench while Sarah finished a little nap. Rachel is doing very well with her reading and enjoys catching up to Sarah. She can tell reading one of those things that really distinguishes the big kids from the little kids, and she is becoming a big kid.


The kids make up all sorts of fun messy imaginary games together inside.


I think they're in jail


and being opossums.



Adam invited a friend over to swim before we knew the pool was closed, so we ended up having a little cereal picnic in his room.


We had our good friend Justin over and Adam started to warm up to him. His stranger freak outs are dissipating, yeah!


Here we are frequenting the Children's Hospital checking Adam's weight and drawing blood for the 4th time.


We've been better at practicing our music this summer and Adam thinks he needs to be in on it, of course. Its hard to practice with a buddy.


So he gets his own turn.


Computer time is getting tricky for me to get too with Adam thinking he needs to be in charge of the mouse, but lately Sarah's laptop has helped buy me some time.


We hope you are enjoying your summer!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Somehow I didn't know that you had a blog. Now I can read it and see your cute kids even more!