Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Me and Ty...and our little secrets


Secret #1

Our Microwave broke, actually it worked fine, it just stopped heating the food at all, which is broken. That really isn't the secret, the secret part is that we're cheap. Yes, we buy cheap stuff, then it breaks, then we buy more cheap stuff to replace it... but you never know, sometimes the cheap stuff doesn't break and lasts a lifetime. Anyways, I had to wait till Tyler could take care of it on the weekend. I learned that some things heat up faster or easier on the stove top! Saturday I was so impressed how in a matter of hours Tyler was able to shop for, purchase, uninstall the old, and install the new microwave all on his own.


That's my man! With my new microwave!


Secret #2

We love the Hulk. Grrrr!


We just discovered this show. Some late nights we can be found watching the green creature save damsels in distress, beat up gorillas, throw bears 200 yards, break through crates, shake jeeps, jump 10 feet in the air out of quicksand, and other wonderful things. It really is quite entertaining, in all its breakthrough 70's cinema skills. The channel is called Retrovision and just like its commercials say, we "Get Retrofied." In fact this whole channel is quite bizarre. I have enjoyed many episodes of Night Rider. Who knew David Hasselhoff was big before Baywatch?! And the car's voice is the guy who is the next door neighbor and teacher in Boy Meets World, Mr. Feenie. Funny.

So if you see the bags under our eyes you can know it wasn't being awake at night with a teething Adam getting all four molars. No, he is sound asleep with his Tylenol and Ambesol. We were tempted to stay up late watching The Incredible Hulk.

Secret #3

We are nerds. Certain nights we can't go to sleep, not because Hulk is on, but because Tyler is still working. He has to watch the legislative sessions in progress that may affect his agency's budget that sometimes continue on past midnight as politicians battle out the budget.


So some nights we are up watching the various speakers, senators, house or committee members via webcam. Because Tyler is watching for his job, I guess that makes him diligent. But me watching for fun, that makes me a nerd. I like Senator Ron Gould, he is very much there to cut spending and take it back to the basics and not in it for fame or power like so many politicians are.

Secret #4

Because of our late night amusements, we have been catching up on our sleep and have been going to bed right after the kids! I always feel like a real old folgie to choose to sleep when I could be doing something fun...like watching Hulk, he hee. We even take naps on the weekends, can you say Leisure World?!

Well now you know, the secrets are out. We may be a little odd, but we're perfect for each other.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

What a fun idea to do "Secrets". It sounds a lot like our secrets. Well, not the Hulk and Gov. stuff. But the falling alseep after the kids because we are getting old!

Also, we are in Utah but I really wanted to let Sam be a part of the dance thing. Don't know if it is too late but I know she would love to participate! Let me know!
THANKS!

Lani said...

I love the adorable image of you two watching legislative sessions together! :-) So romantic... and educational. ;-)