Monday, June 15, 2009

Lucky

I've always been happy to be a stay at home mom, in fact I dreamed of it for years and always planned to be one. I love being with my children, tending to their little needs, and enjoy watching them grow, learn and discover the world. I think I take the opportunity to be home for granted. The prophet said to so thats how it is. However, this morning I feel different. I woke up (from sleeping in mind you) to my two sweet girls alerting me that my baby was awake playing in his crib, asking if they could please get him out of his crib. They brought him to me, we snuggled, eventually he wiggled down the side of the bed to see what mischief he could find. I watched. I suddenly began to understand how terrible my life would be if I had had to get up and off to drop the kids at daycare so I could head to the office. In my mind I started planning: I would've been up worrying last night about if my work clothes pressed or dry cleaned or stylish enough and if I have the right accesories or a run in my nylons. I'd be planning how to throw dinner together the next night and organizing my bag for work, finishing up last details on my presentation. Ugh. I am so thankful for a husband who is diligent in providing for his family and a loving Father who has made it possible for him to. I can't believe I'm this lucky. What a day! Wake up at 9, sweet kids playing together, calm healthy breakfast, ride bikes, make art projects together, do a little laundry, have a snack, relax. Oh what a blessing my life is, not that some days aren't hectic, but which life would you rather live? I really am in paradise and there is no place I'd rather be.

No comments: