
Today is going a bit slow. I have slept in past my usual rising time of 8 am, one of the benefits of homeschool. I am finding that, as nice as it is to sleep in, it throws my whole day off. At 2:00 and I'd barely finished getting ready for the day and we were doing only our second subject in school. Its one of those days where I there is so much to do that I don't know where to start. They are dangerous days, because if I don't just start somewhere they quickly overwhelm me.

I have such a sweet little baby that never cries which is a good thing most of the time. Sometimes I wish he would cry a little because then I would remember to feed him, realize he's tired and ready for a nap, or know when he's ready to wake up. I slept until 9 am! I went to check on him just playing in his crib. Who knows how long he was in there awake?! Probably since 7:30 or so. His schedule is all messed up when I don't get him out of his bed when he wakes up, which is tricky as he never complains. This also plays a factor in why he is not gaining weight. Which reminds me of good news from the Dr.'s office yesterday...he has gained 8 ounces. The bad news is it has taken him a month to do it. So he is just keeping up with the fifth percentile. I am glad he is eating more foods and growing, thanks for your prayers.

Luckily by 5:00 things were finally under control. Dinner was started, the house was finally clean, kids finally dressed with hair combed, and school was done! You would never know the day had a rough start. By the time Tyler got home our chicken alfredo was just about ready so he could eat and run off to the Elder's Quorum meeting. Then, wouldn't you know, it was time to get kids back in jammies and off to bed! Tomorrow I'm getting up on time!
2 comments:
Days like that sure can be crazy...like those awful dreams that you can't seem to wake up from where you are running in water and going NO WHERE! So, maybe I'm the only person who has ever had those dreams, but let's just say, they are busy days. But, it seems that you were able to turn around and make the best of it. If course you did...that's you! You are great. And 8 am is your usual rising time?!! You need to teach us your secrets! We're all up and at em around 6:30 or 7am! (yikes!)
Thanks you Meredith, you are always so complimentary. Sarah is really the one that makes it possible. She gets up and makes breakfast! Rachel has started getting up before the rest of us, but she just plays sweetly with hers princesses or reads a book. Adam is the only one who seems to need me around here, so I just wake up when he does. No secrets.
Post a Comment