Friday, October 10, 2008

Play Time



I love how the whole day Sarah and Rachel (and Adam) have just played. The day started with a nice game of Hungry Hippos, no one being left out, see how sweetly Rachel is helping Adam control his hippo.



I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the way these two sisters play together. Today the game was something about Cinderella's tummy getting big and huge and having a baby and the poor horses getting hot spots (sores rubbed raw by dirt under their saddle.) They amaze me by all they know and incorporate into their games.



We have felt very festive today. The princess game is on hold right now and its painting time. They each picked out a spooky little house from Michael's to paint for our new Halloween decoration of the year. What a fun tradition. I love that both Tyler and I can easily tell whose artwork is whose. It is an obvious reflection of their personality. (Rachel's is the one with the half polka dotted and half stripe roof.) Adam is taking his Halloween outfit for a test run. Trick or Treat! This little onsie has glow in the dark stars on it, the girls love that of course.



Fun things I've heard around here lately:

Sarah took a big bite of Dad's delicious Sunday mashed potatoes, "Ahhh, creamy. I feel like I'm having hot ice cream."
Yes, they are that good.

Sarah helping rub lotion on Adam after his bath, "Mom, I think Adam is a little angel sent down from Heaven, to make our family more fun."
She couldn't be more right.

Sarah holding Adam said, "Mom, he slobbered, like, a cup of juice on me!"
Its funny to hear her start saying like, like, like... And I love hearing her estimate amounts. A cup, a tablespoon, a gallon, sometimes she's right on, other times she's way off. I like watching the wheels in her head spin as she figures it out. She is getting better, but you also have to take into account that sometimes she may be trying to exaggerate. Yes she gets that from me.

Rachel, with not enough ink left in her pen shook it and said, "Let's get this pen going!"

Rachel wrapped her friend's birthday present, got in a little dress, brushed her hair complete with a rainbow headband, then gently closed her eyes and said almost in a whisper, "I'm ready for Samantha's! I've been waiting for this Final Moment!"

Rachel asked, "Mom how do you get your hair to wake up? Mine is asleep."
Sarah answered, "How can you hair be asleep?!"
Rachel rolled her eyes, "Ohhh, Sarah!"
Where does she get these things?

Rachel, "I'm hot!"
Sarah, "I'm freezing!"
Rachel, "Well I'm hot and cold!"
Sarah, "No you're not!"
Rachel, "Yes, I am."
Sarah, "No, you can't be both at the same time!"
Rachel, "Well, I can!"

I liked these last two exchanges between the two girls because it perfectly demonstrates the exacting nature of Sarah against the indignant nature of Rachel. You can't tell her what she can and can't do, let's hope I know how to deal well with this by the time she is 13!



Its Friday Family Movie Night! Tonight: Rachel's choice. Goofy Movie.
The rest of this wonderful three day weekend holds lots of fun in store I'm sure. We are very lucky that because Tyler works for the state he gets the same holidays off work that Sarah does from school. I know homeschool is like a vacation every day, but we get Dad now too! I'll let you know what we did!

No comments: