Tis the season for...Ichabod Crane. This was a great Family Movie Night choice by Sarah, and of course we enjoyed Mr. Toad too, double feature. I'll also take this opportunity to showcase the little craft I made on bed rest last year. I've always wanted to make a pumpkin pillow for Halloween and Thanksgiving time, but I didn't want to store my flag pillow or buy more batting. Solution: I made a pillow cover for my American flag pillow so that I don't have to store, or buy, anything. Aunt Luise taught me how to make the piping, my first attempt. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Saturday:
...is a special day its the day we celebrate birthdays! We had a great time at Hannah and Eliza's birthday party.

The Lee's really know how to party...just check out the ice cream. My friend Meredith could be a Cole girl!

During the party Adam got a little fresh putting the moves on Kate.

We had to separate them to leave room for the Holy Ghost and a quad!

Actually the Dads staged this romance while the moms were out rummaging the Craig's List Estate Sale. We both found some "sweet treasures" as Brett called them. What a special treat it was, thanks Dads.

I bought this for $10 with the intention of painting it black, but when I got it home it looked fine the way it is. I desperately needed a cabinet of its exact size and inner cupboard measurements for storing all our art stuff to use at our "dining room" table that is really the art table. I also found a set of low bookshelves, but they didn't fit in the car this trip. Those definately need some paint. Meredith was nice to let me stash them in her garage.
Sunday:
Debi was a little irreverent in primary. Shhh, don't tell. Yes, I couldn't resist playing with my camera to snap a few pictures, I still had it in my purse from the party. Here is my point of view on Sundays. The room may look a little bare, but that's only because most of the participants heads do not reach the top of their chairs. I sit way back here in Siberia

so of course sometimes I get a bit bored and lonely, but I absolutely love this calling. Mom says you can love any calling, even in Siberia. (catch that...Alexander? he-hee)
I just couldn't resist taking pictures because it was a rare occasion. My entire family was in there! Here was Sarah, sitting by her beloved teacher and good friend Mandy.

You can tell Sarah caught me. Sarah and I always have a clear view of each other because she is the in the oldest class in Junior Primary. I love that she flashes me a smile hear and there with a little wave. Some days as they are dismissed to classes she detours past me for a quick hug. I sure love her.
This is about the most I ever see of Rachel. She is drowned in the sea of CTR 5 classes. Yes, classes plural. I don't get to see her sweet face, but the good part is I can tell she is being reverent.

Tyler was recruited at 7am to teach one of the CTR 5 classes with Adam at his side, or over his shoulder. They were all very fun to watch.

Monday:
This morning I didn't feel too well and Adam started a new cough. We had to do our monthly Costco shopping, laundry, and school today. Then I thought I'd take a nap, but the opportunity never came. Mrs. Palmer had to teach instead.
Well, because today was laundry and Costco day, my kitchen looks like this, so you can guess what I'm off to do now...and it's time to start dinner.

Have a great day!
4 comments:
Thanks for such a normal picture of your kitchen. Mine looks like that all the time! I'm gonna have to tell Randy, "Even Debi Palmer's kitchen can get messy."
I have to ditto the kitchen comment...glad to see that I'm not the only one whose house gets a little crazy sometimes (okay, most of the time!). And, I must say that the cabinet looks awesome!! It fits perfectly and the color looks great...I don't think you'll need to paint it either. A little dusting up did it some good! And I thought about painting your shelves for you here in our garage, but I sold them on craigslist instead....ha ha! Just a little joke there...too bad it wasn't funny. We'll bring them to you all the way out in Siberia.
Yes, contrary to popular belief my kitchen can get out of control. Mer, you're so funny, craig's list queen! And I do pretty much live in Siberia.
Your pillow is very cute and I love how you snapped some shots in primary! At least I'm not the only one that feels like my kitchen overtakes me sometimes. You're so cute Debi!!
Post a Comment