Monday, January 10, 2011

Disneyland Christmas Edition

This year we celebrated Tyler's 32nd birthday at Disneyland. It was absolutely freezing so we took precautions by bundling up as much as we could.


Adam had been begging for Woody and Jesse's ride for weeks, so we started with it.


Ariel's carousel


Tyler mostly wanted to see that huge Christmas tree and all the fun decorations. Check.


We learned about Walt's special apartment over the firestation. Oh how we wish we could go up and see it.


We headed to Tomorrowland for lunch and got to see the Jedi Training. Adam got freaked out by Darth Maal who came after him on purpose! I can't believe he would pick on a poor little 2 year old! He was scared to death.


Visiting Buzz helped cheer him up.


Grandma and Grandpa Cole arrived and met Aunt Luise and us in line. What a party!


Space Mountain



Time for the Christmas parade.


We saw the dancing reindeer, which I'd never seen in person before only in our Disneyland Fun movie. It was a great parade with all the princesses with their handsome princes and all of our favorite characters, even Santa.




Small World all lit up


The "snow." The girls and I went running over to dance under it and feel it. It was really tiny little bubbles like foam from a soap dispenser.


Adam's cute face wondering at the snow.


Small World "freezing over" during the snow


The castle "frozen" after the snow



We went to tiki room to warm up. It's hard to say who likes it more, Dad or Adam.


Then rode Pirates of the Carribean, Adam hid safely in Daddy's shoulder.


Sarah posing at a very cute checkout counter.


I was surprised to learn my own father had been a member of the secret elite Club 33. So I took a picture of him by the secret elite green door.


We stayed for the firworks, for the first time. It was so neat because it was done to Silent Night and other Christmas Hymns, very moving.


This time Aunt Luise tried renting a scooter from an outside company. It was much cheaper, but we worried it may run out of batteries. By the end of the night she barely coasted back to the car.


Tuckered.


The next morning we went to California Adventure. Uncle Tory came with us this day, but Aunt Dora was sick. It was fun for my kids to meet him, they really hit it off. Adam was excited to see Nemo and Dory.


We all went to the Aladdin Show.


Playhouse Disney, Uncle Tory loved it as much as Adam, but Tory wasn't jumping around, popping the bubbles, and squealing excitedly like Adam.


Loving on Dad waiting for Turtle Talk with Crush. Righteous Rachel got to talk to Crush for a long time. Surfin' Sarah did last time.


Ursula stealing our voices. We had fun sing Bear Necessities together then acting out Bambi and Flower. My mom did the voice of Flower so funny. "Oh that's alright, he can call me a flower if he wants to." Then my girls were Bambi, "Perty, perty Flower!"


We had fun trying our hand at drawing Minnie and Mickey at the Animation Academy.


Toy Story, we had to go again because Grandma and Grandpa Cole had never been on it!!!


The last ride of the night on the carousel with Grandma. Classic. This brought back memories of so many "last rides of the night" with my Mom on the carousel.


Father and Son studying the maps, planning the next day.



We started at Fantasyland and found the hidden Mickey in Mr. Toad's eye.


We saw Rapunzel, though we didn't wait in the hour long line to meet her.


We noticed day by day they added one row of these new foot rests to the carousel. Cool.


They also added new handles on the poles. You can see proof. Rachel and Uncle Tory's row didn't have handles.


Adam's row did. Two golden handles, one on each side of the pole.


We all rode Dumbo.


Then teacups.



Then we headed to tomorrowland for Autopia


Uncle Tory was very pleased when Adam wanted to hold hands.


And he was pleased when Rachel wanted to ride with him.


Blasting space creatures to conquer the Evil Emporer Zurg.


Grandma wanted to go on the jets, because Grandpa will never go with her because he gets dizzy, so she figured this may be her only chance to have someone to go on them with. We have never ridden them with the kids because Tyler gets too dizzy too and I'd rather ride Dumbo, it's a much more magical view. So here is Grandma finally getting to enjoy the jets, introducing it to Sarah and Rachel.


After the jets we took Adam home. He started biting and acting wierd. He just needed to go to bed, but Grandma and Grandpa Cole stayed with the girls until real late. I was glad they got to have that fun chance. My parents are really fun at Disneyland and know every knook and cranny. I hear they spend their time going on the Toon Town roller coaster (10 times and hurt poor Grandpa's back), Big Thunder Mtn, I think they tried Indiana, but it closed down, then Jungle Cruise. What a special night for them. I felt like a very grown up Mommy to not freak out letting my kids be at Disneyland without me, they had the best care takers possible though.

The next day was all about rest and a special temple trip. We had a magnificent day doing sealings together in the Los Angeles temple as a famly for our family names.


I'd never been to that temple before, but my aunts and uncles in attendance and parents had all been sealed there. While there my Dad showed me the room he was sealed to his parents in the day he returned home from his mission. They had driven straight there from the airport! As I looked into the room I felt a wonderful closeness to them I've never felt before and appreciated for the first the part they've played in the righteous heritage I've been given. I've never met them, but will someday.


My handsome husband for eternity.


I love this picture of us storming the temple, on our way to do important work!


Back to Disneyland. We sure rode that Buzz Lightyear ride a lot.


Adam just lit up so much seeing Buzz we couldn't deny him the pleasure. This trip was fun seeing him more and more "get" Disneyland. He understands and loves it now like the rest of us, too bad our passes are almost up and he'll be 3 so soon.


This little door holds a magic and wonder to me that shows on his face.


Waiting in line for Peter Pan. You have to remember most of your time at Disneyland is spent just being in line together. I didn't want to forget these moments.




Grandma on the carousel with the girls again.


My best shot of Rapunzel's hair. It was really fun having seen the movie this time to see the hair and know all about her.


Casey Jr.



I think this was my first time not riding in the caboose or animal cage ever! I rather liked it, I could see so much more!


Uncle Tory suggested we see his favorite show, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. Great Show! I wish he could have been with us and seen us enjoy it, but he couldn't come with us on the only day it showing. We had lunch at the Golden Horseshoe and stayed for the show. I always thought it was an extremely fancy restraunt in there and never ventured in. It sells the same things as outside and for the same prices.


Most of all the girls and I were thrilled and surprised to discover that it is where they filmed the Rider's in the Sky music video that plays the Woody's Roundup Medley at the end of Toy Story 2's Bonus Features. We recognized it immediately, but had to watch it again when we came home just to make sure. It was so exciting for us to feel like we were walking right into the movie, and to know now that we've been there!


As an unexpected side effect the girls were so motivated by the amazing string talent they really wanted to get home and practice!


Bug's Land in the Flik's Flyers



Francis Lady Bugs (with Charlene Francis)


Priceless face!


Funny shot.


Tuck and Roll Bumper Cars, Rachel gets ruthless!




Heimlech Chew Chew Train


It's Tough to be a Bug 3-D Show


Tower of Terror



The cool Woody out of Legos in Downtown Disney


Those girls are ready to ride. Sarah couldn't wait to break in her new boots Rachel gave her for Christmas.


Sarah and Adam running free


Rachel was the only one who could help with grooming. The horses are a little afraid of Adam, like he might be a dog and we don't want him to get kicked. Sarah can last there longer if she doesn't participate with all the dust, dander, and hair.


She also gets to ride first so we can stay longer.



Mom and Adam's turn


The spectators


Dad and Adam


Funny Boy


Sarah's style of Happiness. She is planning that farm of hers already. She is studying out which state will be most conducive to the crops she is planning to grow.




In heaven


Dismounts like a pro.


Following and learning everything they can from Uncle Van. (I like this huge bag of chips Adam is diving into.)


Thanks Uncle Van, for sharing your passion with us.


Going home and not so happy about it, but it was a great trip and we promise we'll be back soon!

No comments: