Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 2019, Rachel's 16 and dating

 We just couldn't bear to be apart for General Conference weekend, and the timing worked out that we could drive up to Utah as a family and visit Sarah and see grandparents.

Rachel, a future BYU hopeful, spent Friday pushing Sarah around to her classes.

This Po cracked them up.

Sarah hanging with Cosmo. Rachel was scoping out the boys, this was not what she had in mind.

Rachel and Sarah love to have what they call Snuggle Naps.

Rachel tried out a new braid.
After the wonderful weekend we drop Sarah back off at her and Hannah's and say goodbye.
We are definitely in a Catan phase.
We played at midnight with Sarah in the basement over conference weekend.
Now we play without her. Adam absolutely loves this game, especially the sheep.

Adam and Rachel snuggling.
I am ready for movie night.
Rachel got asked on her first date. The homecoming dance was just after her 16th birthday.
The boy she was interested in had an older brother whose friend was looking for a date and Rachel was happy to be found.
Tyler and I had a special date with Papa John's Pizza
And went through old tax documents, super romantic.
And made a puzzle.
Adam is loving soccer.
We went shopping for some warmer and smaller clothes for Sarah, which led to my very short modeling career.
We celebrated Jace Swigert's birthday with him. The Lightning Clan all were there. Noah and Adam and Jace are the whole club.
This is Adam's new favorite, he never wears anything else.
My speedy Halloween costume.
I wish I bought this tee, it cracks me up.
Bronwynn offered that I could join her in her plane flying to Utah for Kjersti's violin lesson. This was an opportunity I was so grateful for. It gave me 4 precious hours with Sarah. We met early at the Kingman airport.
Bronwynn and I
flew to Provo
She got some beauty rest.
My sweet little Sarah has not been doing well. I was so grateful for the opportunity to spend a little time with her. She showed me her favorite tree on campus...the one changing colors behind us.
She had no clothes to wear because she lost so much weight. At 83 lbs we are very concerned for her health. We are all doing everything we can think of to help, but sometimes a mommy hug fixes things best. I was glad I could bring her clothes and hugs.
As Bronwynn and I flew back to Arizona, the sun was setting on Utah Lake.
It was hard to leave my baby struggling, but I have other babies who need me at home.
The Swigerts came over to celebrate Rachel's birthday with us.
Here is the birthday haul, I think she likes the keys best of all. 
Sarah painted her the picture of the Eiffel Tower, which she also loves.
Adam trying to sneak some treats...

This is the time of year they shut down Route 66 for the drag racing
And all the racers set up in the empty lot by our house.
Rachel ironically took her driving test this day. The Route 66 closure made it a little difficult, but she passed!
Rachel's first date is just about to arrive. She took the ACT in the morning and was all fixed up and ready by the afternoon. What a day. Adam and Tyler have been at soccer.
Tyler is being a referee this year.
The big moment arrives. She had a great time at Homecoming with Ryan.
Halloween
The Swigerts brought their turtle to trick or treating. Rachel is pretending to kiss it to see if the frog principle works on turtles and maybe she can find herself a prince.
We trick or treated together and then went back to the Swigerts' to watch Toy Story 4
It ended up being a rough night for Sarah. She was in the emergency room that night and called us while we were at this party. Thankfully my mom was able to be at the hospital with Sarah.

No comments: