Monday, January 1, 2018

December 2017

We are enjoying our nightly chocolate tradition, singing around the tree, and snuggling. I'm so glad my children love their mother!
We went to the temple with the Boblett's and did family names. It was their first time back since receiving their own endowments recently. We are so happy for them and were excited for such a fun trip together.
We hoped to get back in time to help Rachel curl her hair for her ballet recital. However, Sister Sarah to the rescue was able to curl her hair beautifully and we made it in time for the recital.
The following week was the yearly violin and harp recital our friends the Swapps and Oldhams put on. Rachel barely made it after dance class, she was a little under-dressed but we were there. The two sets of sisters always do such a wonderful job, and it is so precious to see sister harpists and sister violinists.
Sarah's violin we are learning is possibly too large for her, and contributing to the problems in her hands and arms.
Rachel's braces are finally on, all the way baby! She can't wait to say goodbye to the Snaggletooth.
I finally did it, after 18 Christmases I made a tree skirt for us.
Such a cute painting at Ross, I'm kind of over my giraffe phase, but kind of not. Wouldn't this be so cute in a bathroom?
We had a great time at our Ward Christmas Party. I'm always glad it is at the beginning of the month before schedules get truly crazy. I wanted a picture of the Primary with Santa, these are the few who cooperated.
During Sarah's violin lessons at the Swigert's. Rachel and Gracie always make up fun games. I especially loved Rachel's makeover this day.
Adam and Jace playing a race car video game.
Adam had his first Chess tournament. That is his coach Mr. Findlay.
He did well and had a great time. He sure loves Chess.
Rachel sure loves babies. 
This is Andrew Novak, snuggled in asleep. Their family went to perform Christmas music at the rest home and needed someone to watch he and Annabel. We were happy to oblige.
A few days before Christmas and it was time to bust out the Buble and make our famous Gingerbread cookies. 
Tyler came home and loved the festive atmosphere and was ready to kick off the Christmas holiday. We even branched out this year and made Chex mix.
Sarah's happy holiday treats.
Adam's candy coated creations.
Rachel's festive artwork.
For sharing time on Sunday we acted out the nativity. 
Sr. Primary
Jr. Primary
Adam had his friend Cody over to play. They pitched tennis balls to each other and practiced batting.
Rachel had a waffle party and invited a few friends over. They played a bunch of games including life.
Puzzles with dad, this one was from Breatt and AJ last year.
Our Nativity Cast. With Christmas Eve on Sunday there was only Sacrament. We had a fun time going to the Praise Chapel to experience other religions and their way of celebration and worship. It has become a fun new tradition that we all learn from.
The classic Christmas Eve photo of my kids in their jammies in front of the Christmas tree, you can see the excitement nearly bursting out of them.
Setting out the stockings before off to their beds, where sugarplums will dance in their heads.
Santa came.
The early morning waiting party.
It's time!
Yay! Santa brought Rachel and Sarah new boots and Adam the Lego Ninjago Lighthouse Seige.
Presents sorted and ready for opening.
Adam loves his Baymax from Grandma and Grandpa Cole.
Sarah was dying to find out what the huge present from Rachel was.
Olaf! Sarah bought one for a friend, then was so sad he was gone and wished she could've kept him. Great thinking Rachel!
Rachel loved her Eiffel Tower journal from Adam.
Sarah thinks it's hilarious, but it will be dead useful!
A shaver, trust us you'll love it!
Rachel loved her donut picture from Sarah.
Let the games begin! It's Lego time!
The aftermath.
Time to vacate. We had a great time staying with Grandpa Gary and Sybil and watched classic movies, played rummy tile, had a big family white elephant party (which I can't believe I didn't get pictures of!) and made fun memories.
We went to Utah! Tyler and Adam took Grandpa Gary to a BYU Basketball game. I wish I had a picture of that. I took the girls to see Jacob, Rebekah and Rayo.
Early the next morning Tyler and I snuck down to the Provo Tabernacle Temple.
He was so happy. It is a very special temple to him. All his stake conferences were held there growing up and then when we got married and lived a few blocks away we'd go for walks past it and have our stake meetings there. 
After our temple trip we went violin shopping with Sarah in Draper. Lorene let Adam and Rachel come to her house instead of be bored to death at the music store. We discovered she did need a smaller violin and bought a 7/8 sized that will help her arms so much with an amazing bow. We didn't want to buy a new case, but there was only one that fit that particular violin, and you need to keep that investment safe, so we had to get the case too. We are just grateful we were able to find a good solution and get her back on track. She is so happy. After the shopping Lorene helped us list her old violin on KSL and we headed down to Orem for the Cole New Year's Eve Bash. I had sweet baby Lilly.
I love how Tyler is immune to chaos. He is so intent on the puzzle regardless of the party raging on nearby.
Adam and Rock
The gang.
Burrs.
We went to church Sunday, has a nice visit with Catheryn about her mission and Cory about his first semester of college life. Then we played games Grandma and Grandpa all alone. Early Monday morning we had to say goodbye.
Tyler is holding his birthday card.
One long wait in a freezing gas station. The beer cooler was right by us and super cold!
During our one day home I went for a walk and found it...the free elliptical machine on the side of the road I've been watching for. I felt so loved and blessed as I dragged it home and even more loved and blessed when a good samaritan stopped to help me with his van. I hope it will help me keep my heath resolutions.
Dad opened his birthday present, a wetsuit. Just what every Arizona desert dweller needs in the dead of winter.
We are now ready to start the new year with a trip to....Disneyland!

No comments: