Happy Birthday America! We celebrated with chocolate donuts in the morning and cleaning out the garage. Dad was at a service project so we thought we'd do a project of our own.
The family saying our last family prayer together for the week. Sarah and I were heading off to girls camp.
We had a great time
Our YCL's did all the certification teaching this year and did a great job!
We had a fun little dance Monday night after our Bishop messages. They did a little number for the girls as 1B, mimicking 1D.
Fun friends.
Sarah's cabin.
Sarah's friends.
My YCL cabin.
Waiting for the bus to come.
Dynamic Duo of Susan and Angie.
Ready to go home and shower.
Home again! It was so good to be home. Sarah had gotten heat stroke for the last day and was quite sick. She was able to rest up and rehydrate at home and I was able to see my family and enjoy Adam and Rachel. She made a darling little Olaf out of play-doh.
Adam making his Ken surf. He called Uncle Tory to ask if Ken could surf all the way across the Gulf of Mexico. Uncle Tory thought Adam was telling him we were moving to Mexico! We got it cleared up and they were able to discuss surfing.
Celebrating Mom's birthday! I'm 33! I've sure worked hard to get here and learn all that I have.
My birthday consisted of lots of painting. I was trying to prepare Sarah's furniture for her new room and was down to only 6 days left!
So here are the before pictures of Sarah's room.
Here are the during picutres...meaning during the project,
Sarah really was helpful with the painting. She used this as an opportunity to complete a value project in knowledge and learn all she could from her dear old mom.
She loved the color she chose.
When she left to Young Women's on the night before her birthday we had finished everything, but the room was still all pulled apart. By the time she returned we had put it all together and surprised her with all her gifts wrapped and waiting on her bed in her new room! (You can see there were two drawers from her desk that were still drying and the furniture didn't have drawer pulls installed yet, all else was finished.)
She was sung to and opened presents,
which she loved, especially a giant bag of M&M's and Disney violin sheet music.
In the morning we celebrated with chocolate donuts again...as you can see these are a family favorite!
Adam tried to trick me awake by getting me to snuggle Mickey.
Sneaky little guy.
It kind of worked. I was just really tired. I did a lot of painting and decorating and shopping!
That night we had a youth night at our house to play games.
We played the dots game, and the stickers got a little out of control.
I'm not sure what happened here, but isn't Adam's sad face too cute?!
So I never showed the after pictures. You waited so patiently so here they are. Sarah's 13 year old grown up teenage girl room folks:
She says the colors are like the beach. The carpet is the sand and the walls are ocean and sky. She scattered her seashell collection in select places.
She now has a specified music corner, so she can practice violin in her room and the stand has a spot!
She got this little storage ottoman which holds her purses. We have named it the symphony seat. Patrons of the arts, or family members, may come and listen to the melodious practicing that is always taking place in the new music corner.
Sweetie Pie Sarah.
When she isn't in that beloved room she is right here. Happy Birthday my little musician!
Things I want to remember about this month:
Sarah received her Patriarchal Blessing July 6th.
Tyler got the oil changed on both cars while I was at camp-I felt so loved.
I had my first big Phoenix Temple Celebration Meeting July 20th, so exciting!
We actually had to postpone our Utah trip for it, but were able to go the next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment