How little boys feel about shopping.
How little boys feel about pirate parties.
A boy who knows how to be reverent on the temple grounds. That is future missionary right there folks.
We brought our whole family to the temple and tried out Sarah's first day being in charge of everyone alone at the Visitor's Center. It went great.
How little boys feel about eating a sucker on Mom's bed!
That night there was a Tyler Hawes game. Adam is all into Tyler Hawes because he shares the name that he shares with his dad, Tyler. And Tyler and his dad use to watch Tyler Hawes' dad play basketball when Tyler was little...so the tradition carries on. I love the difference in these faces. To one this is serious business, to the other, nothing is more important than the fact that he is with his dad and eating a sucker.
I always think the best part of sports are the treats too.
I've been watching how Sarah plays her violin when she doesn't "have" to.
I like how relaxed she gets, just playing for fun.
Just a cute shot of my sweet Rachel, I caught her cleaning up my bathroom.
Adam on the hunt for a fly.
I'll get you sooner or later...
WHAM!
Mom and Sarah after church in their "new skirts."
New Beginnings Night with Wizard of Oz Theme, here are Dorothy and the Munchkin.
Adam making off with some balloons.
Sarah with friends.
Sarah's beautiful tulips. She can't wait for Young Women's!
Adam and I stayed home sick from church. We took the opportunity to do all the things he loves most, which meant many games of Candyland and Cars Guess Who. We also watched some church movies and snuggled in that fuzzy brown blanket of his.
He stuck pick-up sticks all over Sarah's hair. They saw the kids at my 10 yr old birthday party do this with chopsticks.
Sarah sold her golf clubs from her 7th birthday that have barely been used. Honestly I thought her violin would suffer the same fate when she got it for her 5th birthday. She was so happy to get the money and be rid of it.
I took my friend to her doctor appointment and I was supposed to babysit during it.
Both of our kids were out, so I had fun reading Pride and Prejudice with Sarah.
Adam enjoying a less cluttered room, remade into a Cowboy theme.
Half of the kitchen found it's way back inside.
Adam's shelf of favorites. I think he was getting so frustrated with the stuff in his room because it wasn't stuff he chose. He is growing out of baby toys that were girly or that he never played with that were all just in there. We got rid of tons. We put all his stuff out in the hall and had him go shopping for the things that he would like to have in his room if he could choose, and only what he chose made it back in. I kept some things in the garage, because you never know if a 5 year old really knows how final the decision is, but so far I haven't had to go get anything back out. For him, less is more.
What is going on? We are sick of course.
Rachel is running a cookie shop under the dining room table.
Adam is taking his breathing treatment in his "wheel chair" in his tent (it's a doll stroller).
Sarah is reading in her tent.
Buddies
Grown up boy pouring his own milk. He is so happy he is well enough for cookies. Sarah and Rachel tons of cookies all by themselves for the big relief society quarterly enrichment. Rachel made the snickerdoodles and Sarah made the chocolate chip cookies. They each did a fantastic job and the cookies were delicious as you can see.
We went to the Mid-evil festival with some homeschool friends.
We didn't dress up, but we did learn a lot of fun things. I can't believe how they lived without nice hot showers. I'm so glad I live now, with C-sections, air conditioning, temples, phones, and cars. We are truly blessed.
This month we also refinanced our house to a 15 yr mortgage and the same night we signed we had a Bishop appreciation dinner at the church. We sat the kids down in Ty's office with a picnic and went in to the dinner put on by the stake president's wife. It was so nice. They spoke about how this time of life as Bishop is so special...and I agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment