Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas at the Palmer's

 On Christmas Eve we laid out our stockings and left out cookies for Santa took our traditional "kids by the tree in jammies" picture.  I had taken a long afternoon nap and woke to the wonderful words of my incredible husband, "Dear come eat dinner."  He made the entire turkey feast by himself.  What an awesome gift!
 This is one excited little boy, as you can see he was literally floating on air.
 ...and Santa came, because we've been very good.
 Children waiting for clearance to come down...later the girls confessed they had already snuck down and peeked! Naughty Naughty! Maybe we haven't all been so good. Tyler says he always peeked, I never ever did, so I am sure they get this unsavory quality from him.
 "Yay," says Adam, "I got everything!"
 Rachel couldn't wait to open this one.  She doesn't shake her presents to guess them, she smells them with her powerful nose.  She said this one smelled like brown packaging materials, and she knew what had been ordered on e-bay.
 Adam knew exactly which presents under the tree were for him. 
They have been his friends for the last few weeks.
 Happy children ready to open presents.
 Adam is so excited about these missionaries.  He said, "Yay, now they can teach the princesses." They are very cool with bikes whose tires really roll.
 Adam surprised the girls with fairy dolls. They were so surprised because he had already told them he was getting them something else, surprise! 
 Adam has been asking for this Cookie Monster all year!
He is in his bed sleeping with him right now!
 Rachel was surprised by these walkie-talkies that she wanted so bad.
Christmas afternoon all the wrappings were put away and the kids their Christmas movies from the Palmer grandparents (Secret of the Wings, & Pixar shorts) while I fell asleep in that space between the piano and the couch. I woke up once more to my husband inviting me to dinner.    He had also set up my laptop and installed all the software. What a guy!
We played a game, skyped family, and sent everyone off to bed.
 
The next day we organized, taught 7 piano lessons, and prepared for our piano recital.
 My wonderful piano students!
They all did wonderfully and I'm sure will keep up their progress.  I sadly won't be able to continue teaching because I just can't do everything I want to do...times and seasons.
 The next day we went on a tour of the police station and learned all about "the good guys."
 We also spent time at Target shopping for vacuums, the kids kept themselves entertained.
Sunday Ty didn't have morning meetings and I kept walking in on the cutest scenes.
Tyler had bathed Adam, dressed him in his new suit, and did Adam's hair "just like Dad's."
 As I came downstairs I saw they had left their ties on the "mushroom," or ottoman as non-Palmers would call it, and were eating breakfast together. Adam insisted on going early with Dad to church and I was supposed to come get him at 12:45.  When I came he was happily spinning in the clerk's office chair next to our clerk Brother Bullard and of course wanted to shred something, luckily I had an old program he could shred.
 The next day was New Year's Eve, which for us means, Dad's birthday eve. I set out to make him every bready substance we had ingredients for. He loves bread.
While the French bread was rising we played soccer at our park.
Later that afternoon we went park hunting and found Zip-line Park. It was a great find and we are definitely going back.
 
 
That evening we rang in the new year at the Price's.  Here everyone is entranced by the fireworks. 
Some of the kids. Sarah, Alana, Meg, Sarah Price, Rachel, Adam. They always throw a great party, I laugh and laugh and it helps me not miss my sisters so much. I'm so grateful we have such great friends here.

No comments: