After Christmas we relaxed and played with each other and new toys. This is the silly string war.
Adam was thrilled to get an email from Adam Walker with a movie of all his whole mission singing a hymn together. He is so excited to be a missionary just like him and was amazed to see so many missionaries all together.
I held my first piano recital for my cute students. They all were fabulous!
Friday we shopped for a new oven all day and at the end of the night ended up at Rain Forest Cafe.
The men were ravenous.
The women were patient.
We ordered the Volcano, only the Volcano...what a healthy dinner. We've always talked about getting one of these, but never done it. We figured it was the perfect celebration for Dad's birthday.
They pretended like they had tummy aches from all that cake.
Adam liked the real rain falling.
On our way out we stepped into a few stores to sample some new fashions.
Rachel thought the bald manequins were funny.
Adam thought shopping was exhausting. We all agreed.
New Year's Eve we spent with our friends the Prices'. We played games and ate treats. They even had red velvet cake for Tyler's birthday.
At 9 we lit fireworks, (because they aren't in city limits it was legal), and by 10 we were all tuckered out and went home to bed.
Sparklers.
Adam's first time.
I love the looks on these boys' faces as they watched the explosions.
Kaboom! What a party!
With the tree down and life back to normal I was ready to do a few projects.
We cut the pin parts off all our Disney pins and glued magnets onto them so we can enjoy them all the time.
We disposed of all the packing materials that come with online shopping.
I began recovering my chairs, which I've had on my list for 3 years. Finally I did it.
Tada
BEFORE...This picture was taken February 2, 2009. I chose red toile in the beginning, but then I painted and put up different curtains and it really began to bother me to have them clash. Then the foam had dissintegrated and needed to be replaced which really got me motivated to do the whole project.
AFTER... I think the blue goes much better with the curtains than the red did. It's ridiculous that it took me 3 years to do it!
The others had projects of their own. Tyler's back window broke. His friend Jonathan came over to help him wire it up like the other one. Now there are no working back windows, but the car still runs great.
Adam helped.
Rachel has started having Benton playdates where she goes to hold him, practice mothering, and get her baby fix.

Sarah made her first cornbread.
Adam helped.
And Adam started handing out kisses.
It turns out he only dislikes being kissed. He doesn't mind doing the kissing, he just doesn't like being bombarded.
Understandable.
No comments:
Post a Comment