We started off the month with a temple trip. The kids were begging to get to go to the temple too, so we all went together on Saturday to enjoy the visitors center and took turns in the temple.
Monday was July 4th so we celebrated by swimming together for the first time of the season. Dad was so happy the water was warm.
Rachel rowed.
Sarah and Ty got crazy jumping onto the raft, and I did too, but you don't get to see that picture.
The Wilson's came over for lunch and games.
The girls did an art project of cave paintings. They finger painted their stories on brown paper, crumpling it first for a more rock-like texture. I was impressed with their fun idea for a project.
Adam and Mickey taking in a movie during school time for sisters.
Dad's home, get him!
Adam finally got a teddy bear of his very own. He picked it out on ebay and waited for it to come in the mail. He wanted it to look just like Sarah's bear Chocolate whom he has tried many times to adopt, but it is Sarah's one special thing and she couldn't let it go.
It was love at first sight. He named it Snickers.
Snickers was promptly introduced to Chocolate.
Adam asking for a little dry rice in a bowl. My kids have always loved dry grains, they are wierdos. I insist on lots of water if I ever give in.
Adam sweetly reading his tiny scriptures which he pronounces "fwippers".
At tennis night Adam asked if he could put bugs in his water bottle and let them swim. Sure why not.
On my way to the temple the next morning in the car I got thirsty from eating the toast I had grabbed on the way out. I reached for a water bottle. Guess which one I grabbed. Ew. I was so grossed out. There is nothing like the feeling and taste of multiple dead bugs swimming around in your mouth, it's a miracle I didn't crash. I was able to spit them back into the water bottle, but there was no other water to wash down the terrible taste and I had a long drive ahead of me to the temple before I could get rid of it.
For my birthday I asked for a bookshelf. I've always imagined a white built-in bookshelf on one wall in my bedroom, and finally it will be a reality. We started with lumber at Home Depot on Saturday.
Little by little we worked on it for a week. First we pulled of the trim and ripped out the carpet to build a platform. While we painted and dried all the boards in the garage.
3 days later, Monday, it was my birthday, and they were this far along. I woke up to this cute little spectacle of my family wishing me a happy birthday and the smell of hashbrowns and scrambled eggs told me they had breakfast waiting on the table. What a great morning!
And we had a great party that night.
My kids made me sweet cards.
Adam with the classic olive frog fingers, every kid thinks this is so novel.
Who knows what is going on here...complete ruccus I suppose.
For Sarah's birthday we invited all the activity day girls over for a swim party and other girls from the stake who she wanted to invite.
My friend Johnna came to help keep an eye on kids and her little daughter Rosie is so cute playing with Adam.
We had a great day having our friends over for the day so their mom could get some work done. They are so fun.
For Sarah's real birthday celebration she chose to go ice skating
Then out to McDonald's for lunch.
Sunday we celebrated with brownies and ice cream. She didn't want any presents, but was thrilled to finally meet her goal of saving $100 with her birthday money.
July was coming to an end and it was time for our summer Utah trip, but we made sure to finish the shelves before we left or we knew they would never get done.
Tada!
No comments:
Post a Comment