Our Saturday at the stables and a restful Sunday recharged us.
We arrived Monday at Disneyland with Aunt Luise ready to play! I know we have a lot of Disneyland pictures, so I tried to live in the moment and enjoy being there this time.
The girls loved Tink.
Adam loved Mickey.
This was so far my favorite trip to watch Adam.
It was fun watching Dad enjoy Adam enjoying Disneyland, with Adam just taking it all in at the top of Alice in the big "bug" caterpillar.
I suppose because of Michael Jackson's death, they brought back Captain EO. Wow. I laughed so hard. They've added hydrolics to the seats for the Honey I Shrunk the Audience Show, so with that new capability the Captain EO show rocked. Literally. It bounced us to the beat of his making the world full of love dance in his rainbow shirt. Aunt Luise was really jamming because of the extra bounce from her vehicle's shocks. She was almost jossled to death. Tyler wanted a picture of me by the shirt, he and the girls wanted to get me one. I had one of those silver buttons along with all the rest of my family back in the day! I could never wear that shirt! Ew. After laughing so hard about it we saw a group of 10 guys walking by all wearing the rainbow shirt! Tyler and I had a silent chuckle slash gross out moment.
This diamond studded picture of him stands next to Ronald Reagan in the historic wall downtown, hmmm I don't think they really are suited to hang next to one another. In the movie this is just when he's about to throw open his jacket and reveal the love rainbow and turn all the bad guys into his rainbowed back up dancers. How much do you think he and Ronald Reagan had in common?
Mickey personally waved goodbye to us as we left.
That wrapped up our first day and we actually went home early like we always say we will, and never do. I was so proud of our self control. The next day we went to California Adventure.
Adam loved the Mickey's Club House Show and for the first time we discovered the one thing that the girls didn't want to do again. They are finally growing up, enough to realize that this was a bit too babyish to really enjoy themselves, though they had fun watching Adam enjoy it, once.
Adam loves those ladybugs.
Poser
My cool dudes ready to play Midway Mania.
We love the Beast's library. I don't know how Tyler is always the character Cogsworth, it's the running family joke. It's been at least six times now.
Tyler and I took Sarah on Tower of Terror, which this year she loved and was not in shaky for 30 minutes afterwards, then we met up with Aunt Luise and the little ones at the muppets. We enjoy muppet humor. I love the old flames in a can and the Sow of Music.
We had to go see the Aladdin Show again before it closes down to make way for a new Toy Story Show. We love it so much. Adam was very well behaved, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, he used to nap during it.
After closing time we headed over to Disneyland for a little more magic, here we are getting on Pirates.
The bench Walt Disney was sitting on when he had the idea for Disneyland.
Admiring the minis while we wait for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. It was fabulous, patriotic, and even spiritual. Wow.
Precious time with Dad.
We were so exhausted by just 3 days of Disneyland we decided to spend the next day at the stables again, so relaxing. I think Uncle Van was proud of that choice made by his horse loving fans.
Feeding the horses apple slices on a stick.
We were so tired that we came home a day early to rest, so we said goodbye to our fabulous hosts
and that brings us full circle to the wiped out kids again.
No comments:
Post a Comment