Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Little Princess


Rachel is 4, the age girls seem to live in a princess fantasy life. She has worn this headband since her 2 year old birhtday. It came attached to a book I bought for her at the $1 Store. She loves it and even sleeps in it, like the little girl in the book, because it is supposed to give her good dreams and make all her wishes come true. I finally found a rainbow striped headband that she wears now too for a little variety.

For months Rachel would wait around the house in her Ariel wedding dress with veil, high heels, and a bouquet of roses for her prince to come marry her. The minute Tyler walked in the door from work she would rush to him and he knew just what to do. He twirled her, kissed her, dipped her and then she would throw the bouqet and then the evening could move on. They were officially married. What a princess!

She also lives and thinks by princess code. During family movie night a lady in the movie did CPR to save a man. When he started breathing Rachel happily cried, "She used love's true kiss!" One night when Tyler came home from work and kissed me Rachel sighed, "Ahhh the Beauty of Romantic." One day she said, "When love people touch it grows love things." She told me at lunch the other day, "When I grow up and can drive a car I'm going to drive to Disneyland and find my prince. That's where Cinderella's prince is." (So of course her prince is there waiting for her.)

Maybe I should live in that princess fantasy world a little more and enjoy all those little moments in life to the fullest. Thanks my Princess.

No comments: