Here we are, we finally joined the world of blogging.
We just bought a station wagon from a sweet widow in Sun City. We needed a car that could hold 3 car seats in the back seat. This car is 8 years old, but has only 26,000 miles on it. The man who owned it was in the military and a big National Rifle Association fan. The vehicle is covered in NRA stickers. It makes me feel like everyone seeing me on the road with 3 kids in tow will think this Mama is "packin' heat" rather than diapers.
I labored for hours and finally got them all off. There were 6 all bumper stickers. More on the front window.
No more NRA fan club for me!
Ross warned me to be careful not to use anything too abrasive or it would damage the paint and finish. You would be intrigued to know I used the leftover adhesive removers the hospital gave me for my c-section bandage. I figured if it was safe enough for my skin, it would be safe enough for my car. I was glad I had some left! The package says they are made of mineral oil and lanolin. Even with the adhesive remover it was a huge project to complete out in the hot Arizona sun!
I felt very brave. We went camping somewhere in the boonies with our ward. It was 2 hours northeast of our house in a place called Happy Jack. Yes we fit in the little tent! We wouldn't if Adam wasn't in his carseat. Luckily I scooted the feet of the girls sleeping bags up and could fit him at the edge with his seat.
We took our new car on our first camping trip with a baby! I don't know if we are a camping family. So far we have gone twice. Once last year and once this month. Both were to the ward campout where they took care of all the arrangements and food, we just showed up with our tent. So I'm definitely not a pro. We can't handle too long of a trip, we've only done 1 night both times. I seem to like camping, but a requirement for me is a spicket. I hate having to bring all our own water. Tyler doesn't seem to like camping for more than 1 night because he doesn't like being so dirty. Maybe things would be different if there was a shower.
I thought I was very brave to go for just one night with a newborn. I wonder if I could do more. I sure stressed about everything before, but once I was there I had fun and everything was fine, though I was very tired, and my back hurt from having nowhere to lay Adam and having to hold him so much...I finally wised up and had Tyler hold him, but I was still very sore from having to feed him in the tent without good support.
Tyler's Dad took their family adventuring often, but his style of camping was different. They would go to Moab (or wherever) and stay in a hotel. Each day they would eat and shower and then go out for the day and "camp" and hike and explore, but each night they would head back to the hotel to sleep and shower. That sounds like great camping to me!

1 comment:
Wow, good to see you 'join the club'! I'm just checking out the other blogs Diane has linked to her website, and found you! It's been long enough since I've seen your girls, (if I've ever seen them, can't remember) that I'm shocked how much they've grown! They are very cute!
Post a Comment